ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sad But True

I can remember when the Clio lot were battling it out on the Evo forum aginst the 306 guys. I decided then to set up that Yahoo group to let the new Clio guys talk without being part of a dedicated club, we then switched to Clio Sport which is cool.

I am sad to say that I am finally sick of peoples views, which are usually not based in fact saying or condeming my car or others. I am not the only person who shares these views beleive me. I get a mod for my car (decat) no one belives me, I ran a fast time and no one beleives me. I represent the CLios whenever I can, and come on the forum for nothing. There is a good bunch of guys and gals on this forum but sadly it seems to be overun by people who never give towards the cause. These people are happy to condem and but when it comes to the crunch they never put their money where their mouth is.

I am sorry to the good guys on this forum but quite simply its not worth getting critisised, for doing what this forum says. Cliosport. I wish...

I am not trying to cause an argument, in fact it is the complete opposite. When I left the exhaust place the other day I thought mint, all the lads who have talked about decats can now get one done there is a way, I get on here and people are either jealous or mad, I simply dont understand it.

I will be honest, I have mentioned the R Sport demo car of John Millets, the guy in charge of the Clio Cup Race Series (Technical Side) and some body actaully turns round and says that its is rubbish, for christs sake, his car with adorned with the Ragnotti Grp N rally kit, why would he lie...it pisses me off. When I raced that cossie, people were trying to say that I had rigged the video!! f**k me, the guy was at York next time who waved and acknowledged me. When Adis valver ran 14.2 people didnt beleive it. It is ridiculous.

I am at York on Sunday and I know my car is faster with decat. Whats the point in me posting my times for that people can slate me who have never seen a 1/4 strip let alone been on one. Rant Over.

Mate I wish I had. But to be honest if I had it wouldnt have been this type of post, and then I probably would have been banned. I cant wait for the hilarious comments such as "dummy hits floor" and so on.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

to be honest I dont visit this forum much anymore, or certainly I dont post as much anymore, Its not as good a place as it was when I joined.

Yeah, its a shame, where do you use relating to Clios now mate, I use Evo and a couple of others for more of a laugh than trying to find stuff out.

Hmm I put a disclaimer with every possibly controversial post!! An I have timed runs that wont see the light of day and I know some other peeps that feel the same. You seem to have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt your innocent! Cheer up - all BBs are like this when they get popular - and as I have said on scoobynet - this is one of the best sites still.

Yeah mate I know, but it pisses me off. Why the f**k should I have to prove beyond reasonable doubt to a bunch of t**sers who probably havent seen the light of day that I have raced my car up the strip in a decent time!!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Tim mate, I know weve had our disagreements in the past but I dont doubt your claims for one minute, why would I you have shown the proof so what more does anyone need!

Just ignore those who post stuff without any knowledge or proof to back up their claims. If no one responds they will shut up!!

Peace!

Just ignore the people that get on your t!ts then. Dont let it get to you so much.

Ive seen a vid of your cup do a 1/4 mile (I think it was yours, beating the cossie). Dont think many fwd cars could do a low 14s 1/4 mile, so your probably right in thinking its 200 odd bhp.

clio 20v

i kno ur cup fast i was at side of you when u ran your fastest time lol

there is always gonna be sceptics i jus except it cos u kno ur always gonna get praise off ur mates an people that kno ya, i was interested to kno how ur de-cat was goin cos that could be the diff in you beating me or not

jus ignore the t**sers i do

adi

It is strange but maybe cliosport arent used to fast cars like yours:DI remember when Paul R ran a 0-60 of 4.89 secs in a Fiesta Turb and it was posted on FT.com - everyone believed it although it was an unbelivable time for a FWD Fezzie. I think that most people on the likes of FT.com are into modding and are quicker to believe people - lets face it when I joined here not so long ago there wasnt much modding going on as there still isnt much. Thats down to less of a "scene" and a lot higher prices to get power. The majority of modders go for a turbo, most NA guys arent too interested so are probably a bit more cynical. I bought my car to keep me away from ££££s on mods - so far so good but a de-cat is temping......

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Quote: Originally posted by TimO172 on 20 June 2003

Yeah mate I know, but it pisses me off. Why the f**k should I have to prove beyond reasonable doubt to a bunch of t**sers who probably havent seen the light of day that I have raced my car up the strip in a decent time!!
So ur up-set because some1 doesnt believe ur 1/4 mile time? :confused:

What was it?

I dont tend to argue on cliosport and i find it a mint resource for tecnical help (BenR and such) but u will get people who chat complete sh*t. Dont let any1s replies bother u mate, just b the bigger man.

PS: I ran 15.5 in my standard (IK, Xorst) 16v any1 not believe me? Ehhh? :mad:;)

clio 20v

an oh yeh people can say york has glue on the fukin start line or woteva to run them times tell that to the boys in tuned sierra cossies that i was slappin big style all day

an the guy in the v8 ford mustang on slicks with his fireproof suit that got slapped by a clio haha

adi

there is alot of bullsh*t, i dont post about quater mile times etc...cause I know nothing about them and I dont really care about speed...i only have a 1.2:)

why do you care if folk are calling you a liar, if you know its true?

I agree with you ClioJohn, I also own a 1.2 so dont care or know anything about 1/4 mile times, if you know they are true tho y do you care what people think, and as for the opinionated people just ignore them they are spouting bullshi*t most of the time so what does it matter!

RenaultSport clio v6 255

sorry to hear how you feel, those kind of people ar eclearly jelous, just keep on doing it and shove the timing slips up there a~+e!! keep them coming and keep bigging up the clio!!

oh and ignore the plonkers!

Mk2 172

I agree with sledge racer. Jealousy, and the fact that you have managed to do what they cant. I think this is also fueled by the lack of performance clio parts in the UK.

Keep on showing the base-ball-cap-wearers what they should be doing!

Clio 197

TimO172,

Those who can, do. Those who cant, just talk rubbish. Dont worry about them.

Have you gottten out on a tack yet? If you like the quarter youll love the track.

Ed

320d M Sport

I know what you mean, this place has changed - suppose its to be expected with time. Like adi says, youll get prasied from those who know u and those who know the score, its a shame u dont tend to see many of the original mob who were on here when i first started.... i mean theres people who just post to have a pop or to take the piss..whats all that about?!

End of the day those with the faster clios are more interested in racing them not slating them, and thats why Im here...... ah, and to call Adi a Ladyboy;)

Hey Tom0172, chill a bit. Just remember that most critisism in life comes from jealousy. Take it as a compliment that poeple want to try to knock you. An old Chinese proverb says that no man will critisise someone they know is inferior to themselves. Also, i dont understand why people dont beleive people who they say they have raced and beaten a particular car. Would M Schumacher beat all of us round Monaco in a Clio cup if we were all in F355s. I would say hed piss on us. So just cos one car is theoretically faster etc doesnt mean you cant beat it. There is minor component to the car called the driver!!! Ive heard that can make a small difference;)

Philosophy lesson over

P.S. Like the vid against the cossie.

Elise/VX220/R26

The trouble with forums in genral (and I must say that clio sport is not affected by this as much as some forums I go on) People have a tendacy to just sit behind their pc and either just bullsh*t or snipe at people all the time.

I personally see forums as an extension of a normal conversation so I wouldnt say anything on here that I wouldnt say to anyone in person which is how I think it should be.

I think its a good point to raise as it might make people think a bit more before they type.

I wouldnt worry about it too much tho. There are some forums Ive been going on almost daily for 4 years and Ive seen it happen there, you get phases of arsey people getting on peoples neerves and then they seem to dissapear. As long as theres a decent bunch of regulars on who keep the vibe of the board good it will stay that way in the long term :)

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Join a decent forum like RSC ;)

Hehe

I have to agree though, before I joined RSC I was posting and reading comments on both RSC and Cliosport forums and I found this forum a lot more helpful, this was like 2 years back. Now I find this forum alright but its just got a bunch of dickheads mixed in with some good guys and its a shame really. Maybe its cos I know a lot of people on RSC and only a couple of here but I much much prefer RSC hence, 500+ posts on here, nearly 3000 on RSC.

Did I just say hence an all???? lol

To many people just want to argue instead of listening to other peoples opinions.

Same as when someone asks a question they want people honest opinions and experiences, but theres always the negative waste of time on your car answers that are usually posted by people with no experisnece of it anyway.

Does your head in doesnt it!!

Id of said RSC is as bad in places as most of the good guys grace both forums anyway, still got the t**sers on both.

Alot of people insist that there car is the best there is and nothings better, thats the trouble with most people anyway, simply jealousy isnt it!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

indeed t**sers are everywhere you look.

i find that if i want to talk to people about stuff i do it at meets

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Yeh there are some t**sers on RSC but the majority are good guys and that majoritys a lot bigger then on here.

And you dont get people like Clio Kris, a legend now, on here with his keepitclio, clio possy innit talk and vin diesel posters! rofl

Always has and will happen, disagreements, arguements etc etc......there are some people which dont mix, not a biggie.

1/4 miling times..........dunno nowt about it, bt i assume the comment as to somebody for the decat issue is me, not a problem. Ask for an answer as to how and why and some people get offended, not intended. People have tried to solve the problem for a while, and me......i gave up. SO, you just bolting one on and working......just wanna know how....no doubting.

the GrpN matter is another thing, you probably dont believe half the stuff i say, so what.

Peace

Ben my car has a de cat, I can understand your questions, simple fact with R Sport ECU you can decat, dont know otherwsie, I have bothg lambdas in. Stupid thing is today that I took out my passenger seat and the serv light came on. Put it back in and it went off, so, guess there are problems that can arise. At one meeting Ill show you if we ever meet, Ill try and post piccy of my decat in good light maybe tommy night.

there ya go!

see, i had no idea the R sport ECU was designed to runa single lambda.....that makes life easier and creates a monopoly for them! hahah

Takin out the pasenger seat removes the earth and thus you get that light on as the connection is lost.

CTR EK9 turbo

Just keep on postin your stuff dude, personally id be a bit annoyed if you didnt as i look forward to reading what youve done to your cup etc.

Let the doubters doubt, it just makes more interesting reading. Actually, i prefer it when people doubt or dont believe etc as it just suprises them even more when you PASTE them....makes it all worthwhile.

"Shocking the unbelievers" has been what the likes of jon/craggy/adi/clean etc have been doing since i joined. Even I was impressed...and now know to watch my back incase i see such cars.......(rear view mirror more like hehe ;))

too true dude, the northern death squad have been serving up pastings since the dawn of cliosport( a few southern shandy drinkers av too lol) and will carry on, all good mates, good crack, what else is there to say

CTR EK9 turbo

The Death Squad - i like it hehe

yeah tell me about it, this southern fairy has used all 31,000 miles chewing up and spitting out victims.