ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sad possibilty

Hy guys n gals!

Well me and my fiancee are poss needing to sell one of our cars! :dapprove:

What one to sell I have no idea yet! What prices would ya reckon they would go for??

Dark grey Civic type R, 29k, Built in sat nav, 54 plate... £12000?????

Black 182 full fat! 31k, 04 plate... £8000?????

Any opinions welcome! hopefully we can keep both but we will see!

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Sorry to hear this news! Are you sure you can get that much for either? You can get that type of 182 from a dealer for that much, so in a private sale it'd have to be quite a bit less. Same with the Civic, from dealers I've seen they're actually somwhat less than that, albeit without the sat-nav. I hope you get a good price for whichever you sell though.

P.S. if having one car means you'll have to rely on it more, keep the Honda. Don't think there's much doubt that it'll most likely be less trouble. Not that the Clio will fall apart, but you know what I mean! :p

Suzuki SV650
Don't lie! The Clio will loose its exhaust within a few months and then the rattles will start haunting your daily journeys!

E92 330
id sell the type r every cnuts got one! my friends got one he`s just payed 13,500 from a honda dealer. hope this helps! can you not sell both and get a fiat 500? :quiet:

visualize whirled pe
I would keep the one which one have you found to be the most reliable or the one which is cheapest to service and run.

It mainly depends on how much cash you need.

Personally I would sell both if I needed as much cash as I could get, they are both performance hatches which are worth a decent amount of money (I've never owned a car worth more than £4k) and the running costs would be slightly higher than an average car.

It's not very exciting suggestion, but I would suggest spending the money getting a ford focus or new shape micra, or anything that is cheaper to run but practical to use as your only car, just don't buy new.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
The Type-R will give you more cash (although I suspect closer £11k), whereas the Clio will possibly be less reliable, but also less thirsty - and if it does go wrong parts are cheap. Tough call. Do you need the extra space of the Type R?

Dan

Clio 1.2 16v
i agree with the person a few posts up. sell both and get 2 extremes or dynamiques or something, it will also save you money on petrol and insurance n tax