ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sad times, the RB is dead :(

I don't think anyone said it was a factor.

That's not what he meant.

He meant the wings don't factor into the strength of the car. The fact you can push them and they flex, doesn't effect the rigidity of the car and its safety. It's just a top layer.

Subaru 330s
I know I have to pay for the whole car but my wheels cost £600 I know one is damaged but i'm not going to let them go to the scrappies, especially when the other 3 are mint!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Front wings are a safety feature. If you have a front/side impact sometimes metal wings can crush up into the doors, preventing them from opening. The plastic ones just shatter ;)

Black Gold Clio 182
I know I have to pay for the whole car but my wheels cost £600 I know one is damaged but i'm not going to let them go to the scrappies, especially when the other 3 are mint!

Its definatly worth buying it back, looks like it has a SS exhaust too? Worth selling.

I know someone whos just written off a Mini Cooper, 05 plate, was a LOT worse than that, a lot of damage all round, paid out £5,500 by insurance, bought it back from insurance for £400, there were few parts left on it worth selling, boot, spoiler, 3 wheels, suspension etc. Then at least £100-£150 to weigh it in.

Subaru 330s
Yep s/s exhaust, have already had a few people ask me if i am selling it, plsu other little bits on the car.
Someone the other day told me that I could sell the bits I wanted off it and then just let the scrappies pick it up cuz they wont know what they are picking up, I know i'm obviously not allowed to do that though, and they may think it a bit dodge if they are collecting a car with no wheels lol!

LY R26
i had an accident 2 and a bit months back and like you are worried about, the guy blamed me even though he was on the wrong side of the road! iv got pictures of it somewhere, they would make you feel better trust me! the car rolled and hit and tree and everything! but me being 17 and the guy being about 45, the police said they couldnt establish who was at fault but they would blame me anyway?

anyway my insurance is dealing with it because the police were just utter cnuts to me tbh! but i know the feeling, absolutley horrible:( i had broken bones and that though:(

Subaru 330s
Engineers have valued it at £4700, not sure if thats a good price or not, might be worth appealing it anyway?

BG 182
hope you ok, people saying could be your fault they were nt there, you probably didnt talk to drivers because you were in shock. hope all goes well hunn