ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sales - find me a tv

Clio 182
So it's the after Christmas sales and I need a new tv for the flat... 550 pound budget, I'm not bothered on what type of TV led, LCD or plasma I'm just after the best picture quality and size for my money.

Any ideas guys?

Merry christmas as well!! :star:

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I bought and took back the above 46" led Samsung tv - was so poor quality. Was a lot of ghosting and stuttering on fast moving game and DVD images.

Sorry for the thread hijack..

What would be the better tv out of the 40" Samsung or the LG? Iv read both discriptions and can't make my mind up wether one is better than the other..

DB.

BMW 440i
I wouldn't go for a series 5 samsung, quite dated now!

The Samsung with the X shaped stand are the slightly newer ones with more modern touches and technology.

Audi A3
ive just bought a samsung ue40eh5000 only £350, not used it yet really.

wondering wether i should have gone for something different now though. i didnt/dont want 3D and im not too fussed about it being a 'smart TV' either.

Audi A3
took my samsung one back today. it was on my mind and in 6 months id be annoyed if id not of spent a fe extra quid.

I went to currys yesterday with the gf just to have a look, ended up buying a 47" LG also got a sound bar with a wireless sub and a bigger tv stand. It's such a good tv! The duel layer 3D for gaming is mental!

Bumder With A Buffer
I bought the 42" LG with built in Wireless couple of days ago £429 currently which is a Bargain IMO. Its awesome so far. Running Plex on my laptop so I can stream movies to it currently. Has a smaller bezel then the old one mentioned below which means it fits nicely in my hole now.

Had an old Samsung 42" Plasma (non HD) and that has gone upstairs at the end of the bed along with a Roku LT. That little thing is a bargain for £39

IMAG1544.jpg

IMAG1552.jpg

IMAG1553.jpg

BMW E34 540i
A lot about choosing a TV is subjective. Visit few stores and see which one in your price range you prefer. Write down what models you have seen and read some reviews.

clio sold :(
I got the 42" LG smart tv with wireless from currys also, the image quality is fantastic blurays ive owned for years look amazing breathed new life into them! I used to have a bush 32" full hd lcd and since day one wasn't impressed. But this new Lg is Amazing I would recommend it.
Plus having the internet on it and linking my phone to it also is a big plus!

Bumder With A Buffer
There is an LG app you can get that turns your phone into a remote. Can only be used once the TV is on mind you so don't know what purpose it serves.

But its an app and we like apps. Suppose its handy if the batteries decide to die on the remote....

Citroen DS3 DSport
I bought the 42" LG with built in Wireless couple of days ago £429 currently which is a Bargain IMO. Its awesome so far.

I bought this TV too, very impressed with it for the price paid. Not interested in 3D so this is ideal.

Focus ST-3
Just bought the same tv from currys.. 42 inch LG with built in wireless. I say bought, I've paid and is being delivered in a week or 2. Apparantly the Leicester store has sold/taken payment for over 1000 of them since Boxing Day!! Mental stuff!! Looks a good tv for the money though! Will be for our bedroom. Only wanted 32" but after seeing them side by side and the extra £70, the 42" was worth it

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the 42" LG with built in Wireless couple of days ago £429 currently which is a Bargain IMO. Its awesome so far. Running Plex on my laptop so I can stream movies to it currently. Has a smaller bezel then the old one mentioned below which means it fits nicely in my hole now.

Had an old Samsung 42" Plasma (non HD) and that has gone upstairs at the end of the bed along with a Roku LT. That little thing is a bargain for £39

IMAG1544.jpg

IMAG1552.jpg

IMAG1553.jpg

Arent the ambient lights supposed to be behind the TV?

Bumder With A Buffer
Probably.

Previous owners put them in there and I couldnt be arsed to take them out. They never get used apart from when the tv is playing music channels when friends are round. Or if we watch a film.