ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Nexus Prime due sometime this month I believe. Keeping the same curved design as Nexus S.

4.6" screen, resolution of 1280x720 = great... but how big is this phone going to be lol

Re: Samsung Nexus Prime

The problem with these stupidly big screens is that they are uncomfortable to use. The LG Optimus 3D has a 4.3" screen and that feels obscenely large to use and you have to move your entire hand to hit the top edges of the screen, at 4.6" it's going to be too large. Also which of the UK networks will take it? If it's anything like all the other Nexus handsets it will be extremely limited.

At least it won't be made out of cheese like other Samsung handsets, although they are incredibly reliable as of late.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I think it looks alright in his hand.

The OS looks shat though.

theres a couple of moments where he has to adjust his grip on the handset, because its so uncomfortable to hold?

Megane 225 F1

After looking at the video, if that is the new OS, then there looks to be nothing new. Nothing that my phone can't already do or do better.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

11th October Announcement cancelled, probably out of respect?

Yup.

“We believe this is not the right time to announce a new product as the world expresses tribute to Steve Jobs’s passing,” the companies said."

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Although I prefer the upcoming HTC phones to Samsung's offerings, mainly due to the older Samsungs feeling "cheaper", I don't get the whole the screen is too big argument. Firstly that's because I have pretty big hands so I find my HTC Desire HD is much better for me than a smaller handset, but I find it makes scrolling webpages easier and watching videos much nicer as well. If you have the hands of a small girl, fair enough, you might struggle at 4.3"+.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Its been announced;

The OS does look good, I have to admit
http://www.engadget.com/photos/ice-cream-sandwich-android-4-0-screenshot-gallery/#4538975

galaxy-nexus-iphone-4s901v.jpg

galaxy-nexus-by-the-numbers-4.jpg

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

It's a bit garish.

Number and more numbers.

I'll stick with Apple.

M135i and the shed

I'm a big Android fan but I generally dislike Samsung phones. They always appear a bit chinsy and cheap to me, plus that's way too big imo.

The best Nexus model was the original HTC Nexus One Google phone. Still a great phone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I need to test one out tbh. But it does look good.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I'm sure it is all singing all dancing, not for me.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

Looks like a good phone but why cant they make it the same size as my desire that is the perfect screen size imo

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Haha, this is far too big for me. I like the sound of the Razr though.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

People like Hard numbers.

You want 20bhp? or 200bhp?

Years ago everyone had massive phones. Then everything got smaller and everyone wanted those tiny little flip phones that cost a f**king fortune. Every year the latest Nokia revision got a bit smaller and they sold millions.

Then touchscreens came along and the screen being an inch wide wasn't good for anyone so they had to get bigger. Manufactures kinda worked out the middle ground and everyone was there or there-abouts. Now being the same isn't any good as there's so many different models by different people, so they need to differentiate themselves. Going smaller doesn't work as you'll end up pressing where you don't want to. So bigger is the only option.

Is it too big? Possibly. But then people said the current range iPhone/Desire/Galaxy they're all massive, too big for a pocket etc. Millions of phones sold later, people are used to that size.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Hmm don't even remember that bad boy. Bluetooth you say? Revolutionary!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Haha was excellent back in the day, cost a small fortune though.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, looks like he received a dev model.

I'm really torn between this, the GS2 and the Sensation XE.