ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy S4 launch thread

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Regarding software;

Just like to point out that up until now I've not mentioned Apple once. What they are doing is working well as far as I'm concerned. (Just so happens to suit my needs perfectly too)

You have 2 camps. One in which one current device exists and the other where several exist. I'm not entirely sure iOS and Android are either better or worse than each other, just different.

But what's happening now is fragmentation on top of that situation, that should be more of a concern.

Regarding hardware;
Spec for spec nobody's touching Samsung. But I think simply cramming specifications into a phone doesn't make it the best around.

HTC produce superior feeling hardware with the Nexus line slightly behind. But for the money nobody in the history of phones and tablets have ever provided this level of value.

Obviously Apple still have that area nailed down, but it comes at a price.

The Samsung will no doubt sell bucket loads of S4's as it's a good balance between spec and value. But is it the best device overall? No.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Im ready for an up grade, was thinking about getting one of these but im also thinking about the new HTC one (i have a HTC incredible s)

Do you think its going to be worth the wait?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Nail. Head.

Many people that have invested alot of money in apple products across the range, iphone, ipad, imac that all work together plus the hundreds of pounds worth of apps and music, shudder to think how they can possibly move to something else even though the alternative is far better.

Just the same as my Dad and his huge vhs collection, took him years before he realised he had to let go and move to DVD.

Your posts are so linear and even more biased than any apple "fanboi". Your post i quote here is exactly that.

I use ios devices for example. I am now well in tune with them and due to having multiple devices i remain with these products for their ease of use, simple cross platform performance, design and their quality of production.

I've looked at different devices but nthing can give me what i currenty have in such a simple format. I still don't see the competition offering simple one touch syncing betwen multiple examples for example. But i do see bizarre gimmicks that are zero use for me.

You wonder why you get responses to your biased posts. It is because your strange hatred is ingrained in every one of your posts.

2014 Focus Titanium
"We're not talking OS", really?

So it can run like crap and be stupid but if it's fast and had lots of gimicky apps and features that you'll never use it's great?

That makes no sense. I spend a lot of time using an S3 and the more I use it the worse it gets. Partially because i'm used to simplicity and everything working quickly it just feels like going back in time. Clunky!

It makes absolute perfect sense. If you read Seb's post back which I was replying too, he was talking about the handset not exciting him and being dogshit. He didn't say he disliked android, just that the S4 for him was a let down. Which is why I confirmed that for specs it trumps everything, although as people have said it still doesn't feel premium. So your post is completely null as this isn't an Android thread, it's a galaxy S4 thread.

Anyway, as most people have eluded to, the S4 with better build quality would be absolutely perfect. I understand why the likes of Sn00p disregards Samsung phones because of the "bloatware" but actually, I don't mind Touchwiz one bit. I've got a nexus 7 which has a pure android OS and my cousin has a Nexus 4 which I have used quite a bit and I never go back to mine wishing it was pure Android. To be honest there are bits about Sense that I really like, Touchwiz also. I find touchwiz doesn't really "bloat" my phone and make it lag, although we receive the updates later than pure Android which is a bit of a bug-bare but we're only every ~.1 of a version behind, it's not like we're still in ICS.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Thats it tbh, I don't dislike android. My brother has an android phone and it does look rather slick. New S4 does not make me want to buy one.

Does it still feel like it's made from recycled ice cream cartons like the S3? LOL what a piece of s**t that was. Could literally feel it creaking in my hands. I say hands, as in plural, because it was so big. Felt like a bread board when I put it in my pocket.

I'll take the under-specified Apple device that doesn't make me feel like I should be signing on. Cheers though.

2014 Focus Titanium
Does it still feel like it's made from recycled ice cream cartons like the S3? LOL what a piece of s**t that was. Could literally feel it creaking in my hands. I say hands, as in plural, because it was so big. Felt like a bread board when I put it in my pocket.

I'll take the under-specified Apple device that doesn't make me feel like I should be signing on. Cheers though.

Your comment just ranked 1,000 on the cool scale.

In other news, at the end of the day this has ended up as every phone argument does. I think we all agree the s-series should be better built, but then again I don't ever drop my phone or slam it against walls which is why mine is pristine. Oh and it doesn't creak?

One thing, just while we're on the subject, I like the iMessage sync between apple devices. I would like that in Android.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
It could well have the best spec in the world. Great. It's still made of plastic and still has that garbage skin.

That's what makes it dogs**t.

Interesting they've decided to iterate this year. Seems to be the trend to follow. IMHO Samsung could redeem themselves slightly by offering a fully supported stock rom. But that won't happen.

Yea, its a shame its not made from something hard wearing like the iPhone is.... Oh yea, thats glass all round..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yea, its a shame its not made from something hard wearing like the iPhone is.... Oh yea, thats glass all round..

The iPhone is glass, plastic and aluminium. Not sure what the bezel is made out of. Bit weird to bring that up? It was 6 years ago.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lets face it, it looks s**t. I'd have considered the S4 if it looked like what Dave originally posted.

Samsung can cram as much in to the phone as they want but it wont make me want one until it looks like a "premium" phone..