ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung led tv "ghosting"

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Good evening.

I have a Samsung 32 inch led tv that I use for the Xbox. Just recently I have noticed that the picture is "ghosting"

I've tried looking for information but I'm struggling to find any info on this for my model tv. So far I've messed about with the settings but to no joy. I also read that power cables and networking equipment could distort the picture so I moved the router, power cables and phone well away from the tv but it didnt improve the picture.

Can anyone suggest anything that I haven't already tried to resolve this ?

Thank you

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
With led LCD tvs it happens, it's expected and not much if anything can be done about it

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I have 90% fixed this by messing with the settings on the TV.

In Samsung LED back lit TV's the low HDMI black level can distort the image and cause ghosting. I reduced this effect by raising the gamma and reducing the HDMI black content. The black content has an option to turn it on or off in one menu, the picture is best with it on but causes the ghost images. So I went into another menu where I can choose how "strong" the black level is.

The black level has 4 settings once tuned on in the other menu; off, dark, darker, darkest. I switched it to off, which fixed my issue (more or less, LED back lit TV's ghost anyway) and improved the picture quality.

If anyone else is having this problem PM me and I will talk you through the fix.

I thought this when I first saw it. Sign up on a car forum to promote a video about a telly in order to gain hits.

Basically scouring Google looking for people who might be interested in his video. Spam.