ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tv wifi turns itself off

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I have an LG 55SK8500 that's doing my nut in. I've been having issues with streaming content not playing properly (buffering and lowering resolution constantly) over WiFi, and I've recently been having issues with the remote not responding. I've tried literally everything and if anything the problem is getting worse. It looks like the WiFi connection is actually turning itself off, not just losing contact with the router or remote, and on one occasion it wouldn't even turn back on until I powered the TV off.
Does anyone have any other suggestions for things I could try, other than the obvious "check the router isn't too far away" nonsense that comes up on Google?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Get a FireTV stick or Chromecast or something else and use that?

I think the network cards on lots of TVs just aren't that good, I have a Samsung TV that I had similar issues with and got sick of, Fire stick has been solid.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Get a FireTV stick or Chromecast or something else and use that?

I think the network cards on lots of TVs just aren't that good, I have a Samsung TV that I had similar issues with and got sick of, Fire stick has been solid.
I would agree, but some tvs have built in tuners for network iptv (legally). Know my samsung does.

But any other device sure, you know where to look. ;)

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I would agree, but some tvs have built in tuners for network iptv (legally). Know my samsung does.

But any other device sure, you know where to look. ;)
Yeah, but even if it does have it built in, if it's not working because you're constantly having WiFi issues, and you can get round the problem by spending £30 on a FireTV, seems like a no brainer?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah, but even if it does have it built in, if it's not working because you're constantly having WiFi issues, and you can get round the problem by spending £30 on a FireTV, seems like a no brainer?
Wouldnt entertain the £30 sticks. Better to upgrade to 4k and the 4k max when on sale. Worth the extra for the specs.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldnt entertain the £30 sticks. Better to upgrade to 4k and the 4k max when on sale. Worth the extra for the specs.
Sorry, I meant those, pretty sure the 4k ones hit £30 when it's Black Friday or Amazon Day.

If he's got the budget I'd go Nvidia shield, but for the money the Fire sticks are incredible value.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I fixed it! Straightened out the ribbon cable from the wireless module and cleaned up the contacts and haven't had an issue since 👌

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Screenshot_20220616-155723~2.png