ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung tablets

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Gonna pick up a tablet for my Mum for Xmas, but have absolutely no clue on Android or Samsung.

She likes Samsung stuff, has a phone and a smart watch, so seems like the best place to start.

There seems to be about 7,000 options.

Needs to be able to handle the internet, photo storage, nothing particularly taxing. Bigger screen would be better and if it can be combined with a keyboard case, that will be a plus.

Whatchagot?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
well how much do you want to spend and what do you want?

ive just purchased on of these -

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1-tablet-2019-evo-plus-microsd-memory-card-smart-cover-bundle-32-gb-silver-10201539-pdt.html

very pleased with it and does everything you would expect.
does your mum need a top of the range £600 Samsung tablet?

I have no idea. If she used an iPad, it would be easy for me. The very brief look I had on Samsung’s website suggested there were roughly 800 different tablet options.

Ranging from £200-£600.

I suspect she doesn’t need a £600 tablet, but I have zero idea about Android and what’s included in your price.

I briefly had a Samsung tablet and ended up on an old as f**k version of Android very quickly, which I’d like to avoid.

As for what I want, to be able to do the light use stuff she uses and store pictures, I thought I’d said that?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I have no idea. If she used an iPad, it would be easy for me. The very brief look I had on Samsung’s website suggested there were roughly 800 different tablet options.

Ranging from £200-£600.

I suspect she doesn’t need a £600 tablet, but I have zero idea about Android and what’s included in your price.

I briefly had a Samsung tablet and ended up on an old as f**k version of Android very quickly, which I’d like to avoid.

As for what I want, to be able to do the light use stuff she uses and store pictures, I thought I’d said that?

like apple the more you pay the fast processor and better quality screen you get. but the apple range and Samsung range of tables all do exactly the same thing, no matter what price you pay

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
the Samsung one I liked to would be perfect, was £200 now £150 on black friday

My mum & dad have Samsung tablets, both came from Tesco's and both are supposedly the same thing (I bought them) but one's slightly different to the other. My mum's also someone who doesn't get the internet and has about 25,000 tabs open at any one time :ROFLMAO:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Those with the Tab A, Any good?

Fancy a cheap-ish tablet to have kicking around in the house again.