ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sat-Nav map update filesize?

Clio 1.4, SV650S
Thinking of getting a garmin i3 tomorrow... comes with a 256mb memory card pre-loaded with uk/ireland maps...

does anyone know what filesize the map updates are - does it just add to whats on there... or is it going to be a 128+mb download every time?

(i say 128mb download because there are some places that sell it with only 128mb therefore the file must be smaller than that - i'm getting the 256 version so i can definately fit a speed-camera/burgerking :eek: POI file on there!)

incidentally it was £169.99 at argos yesterday but they've put the price up to £179.99 today. :mad:

Clio 1.4, SV650S
well i bought it anyway... uploading poi's tonight.

have only driven back from work but i understand why people are raving about these things. brilliant. no problems viewing the small screen either. AND it runs for 6 hours from batteries so can use it on a motorbike in the top of a tank bag with a clear map pocket.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
entjm said:
well i bought it anyway... uploading poi's tonight.

have only driven back from work but i understand why people are raving about these things. brilliant. no problems viewing the small screen either. AND it runs for 6 hours from batteries so can use it on a motorbike in the top of a tank bag with a clear map pocket.

Yeh I got a Streetpilot i3 today, Read Here

Just a question, where do you get other POI's for the Streetpilot i3 then? As I have downloaded and installed the Speed Cam files, from Here

Cheers!