ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sat Nav Opinions Please

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Hi Guys

I am looking at getting a sat nav and am wanting any opinions (good or bad) on which one to buy.
Tom Tom 700 interests me.
Also would i need an external aeriel because of the heat reflective windscreen?

Cheers

Dave

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Which ever one you choose mate, don't go to Crackpot in Yorkshire via your Sat nav. According to BBC news it sends you off a cliff!!

I use a Navman Icn 520 by the way. Works a treat for the money

JB

172 Cup
i have the icn 520 also. had it for a while now. its been a good bit of kit. doesnt work that well in the 172 because of the screen. got an external ariel off ebat for £16 to sort that though.

Paul

172 Cup
Craig said:
tom tom one for me and you dont even need a external arial

used my mates in my car and its great, doesnt need an external ariel. really good bit of kit for the money!!

Paul

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1
Craig said:
tom tom one for me and you dont even need a external arial

^^^ agreed.

I bought a Tom Tom One a few weeks ago. Works great, no complaints... and no external ariel needed. I've also got the speed-camera database on it from pocketgps. :)

My tomtom one is the nuts!

had an email from tomtom saying there are 3 new go systems, 910, 710 and 510 or something like that?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah the basic details are on the TomTom website for the 3 new products and they will be available shortly. They run the same GPS chipset as the TT One so will not require an external antenna

Clio Cup
Got a mio 269 plus digiwalker. It can be unlocked to use tom tom and other windows ce stuff, has a big hard disk, 1gb memory card and you can use it walking around is well. Only problem is it doesnt show speed cameras.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Jay said:
My tomtom one is the nuts!

had an email from tomtom saying there are 3 new go systems, 910, 710 and 510 or something like that?

Bugger, thats put a spanner in the works.

I was gonna buy one today, dunno what to do now lol.

Cheers for all your comments anyway guys.

Dave

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
sneeks said:
Yeah the basic details are on the TomTom website for the 3 new products and they will be available shortly. They run the same GPS chipset as the TT One so will not require an external antenna

Cheers sneeks
Ive just looked at tomtom website. New products are out in may. Guess il just have to wait a few weeks.

Cheers again guys

Dave