ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SAT NAV still in Car

Less
So coming back from a swim this morning needed to pop to tescos, parked next to one of those MG sports cars.

Noticed the driver had left their SAT NAV unit still attached and in full view, granted it was in a busy car park! but only takes a few seconds.

The guy noticed me looking and had that smile on his face as if to suggest "wow someone is looking at my car" when in actual fact I was thinking, u'll be crying when your car gets broken into cos ya lazy with your sat nav!!!

have a good day

182 Full Fat
May as well have left the window open too! At ;least he would have saved himself some money on broken glass replacement!

Elise 111R
my friend with the CTR does this with his RoadAngel! I tell him everytime we go out, can you at least try to take it off the dash so they have to atleast look for the damn unit.... (he refuses to take out cradle at the same time.so its obvious he has something still in the car...)

most of my friends leave theyre head unit in as well, i just dont get it, in leeds the rate is 1 in 3 cars, so why chance it??

jamie

Clio 182
1SVR21-med.jpg
probably one of these.

my brother always leaves his sat-nav and head unit in, because he was born a moron

Clio 197
So coming back from a swim this morning needed to pop to tescos, parked next to one of those MG sports cars.

Noticed the driver had left their SAT NAV unit still attached and in full view, granted it was in a busy car park! but only takes a few seconds.

The guy noticed me looking and had that smile on his face as if to suggest "wow someone is looking at my car" when in actual fact I was thinking, u'll be crying when your car gets broken into cos ya lazy with your sat nav!!!

have a good day

It was probably the police baiting for criminals.

Need to remove the cradle as well.

I'm still amazed people put units in the glovebox thinking it's safe but still leaving a clue for the thief.

i always leave my headunit in.....i should probably start getting into the habit of taking it out!!

Astra coupe
my dad had his satnav,digi cam and road angel nicked from the car a few months back (2nd time it was broken into) the only give away was the marks on the window from the cradle.

Less
it can be a ball ache removing it and hiding it every time you just wanna run into a shop though

That is ture, even more of a ball ache when u have to go buy a new one!
My dads alfa got broken into cos he left the head unit attached overnight!

Glass everywhere

it can be a ball ache removing it and hiding it every time you just wanna run into a shop though

That is ture, even more of a ball ache when u have to go buy a new one!
My dads alfa got broken into cos he left the head unit attached overnight!

Glass everywhere

Yeah takin it out overnight is fair enough, and if your going shopping and your gonna be an hour or so, but if your just literally running into the shop to get a paper or something... Well i dont bother moving it, lol.

Clio DCi 65
Is it really worth keeping in to nip to the shop tho? mine got stolen whilst i was in the pub for the night! Left the headunit in and they took them both...slags. Police are just waste of time if anything happens aswell! Only use mine now if im actually going somewhere, i know where all the speed cameras are locally so cant be bothered taking it about with me!

tiTTy & SV650
I always remove my sat nav before I pull into the car park / space I'm gonna stop in in case I'm being watched. Trust nobody.

I leave nothing in sight in the car, people always wanna leave jackets on seats etc. no chance! in the boot.

172 Race Car
I always remove my sat nav before I pull into the car park / space I'm gonna stop in in case I'm being watched. Trust nobody.

I leave nothing in sight in the car, people always wanna leave jackets on seats etc. no chance! in the boot.

Wise words from someone who lives in a big city by the sounds of it. I was the same in Bristol. Leave nothing on show!