ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sat nav systems

clio 182 black /gold
I have this tungsten t3 with tom tom 5
100_04651.jpg

Cooper S
Tom Tom Go,
Does me head in though as it don't work very well with the Heat reflective windscreen so I now attact it to the door window lol and works ok from there-but I can't open the window with the mount on there!

artic blue 182
tomtom one works like a dream in the 182 full signal 95% of the time dont even need to be on the windscreen works on the passenger seat :D ...had a navman icn520 and always struggled for a signal,even with the extra ariel thing on the parcel shelf

Cooper S
daveio said:
tomtom one works like a dream in the 182 full signal 95% of the time dont even need to be on the windscreen works on the passenger seat :D ...had a navman icn520 and always struggled for a signal,even with the extra ariel thing on the parcel shelf

Is that PDA Based?
My go goes flying when i'm cornering if I put it on the seat :p

I have the alpine D310 & N099 Navigation, best on the market, never let me down, works amazingly well but doesnt come in cheap unfortunatly.... =/

ClioSport 182
I've got a Garmin Nuvi 300, stuck to the windscreen, which is the sleekest GPS unit around at the moment with the SiRF III chipset. No problems with the heat reflective windshield.

Way out performs the TomTom GO 300 with the old SiRF II chipset in terms of GPS signal reception, and is also smaller.

KnightAzul

Rb 182
darswold said:
i just got the navman icn320 for xmas, i havent tried it yet though.
i havent got a clue about them !

320's are dead easy to use, no touching of the screen, its just the buttons on the side, if you can text you can use a 320. :)

Rb 182
interceptor said:
Tom Tom Go,
Does me head in though as it don't work very well with the Heat reflective windscreen so I now attact it to the door window lol and works ok from there-but I can't open the window with the mount on there!

Get an external aerial, about £50, problem solved lol :)

Rb 182
clio__chris said:
i have the navman icn520

Good little units, but have been told that they only have 45% coverage of the Uk, as Navman were rushed to bring it out after the 510. Tom tom's seem very good, had a few diffrent Sat nav's for testing and TT's perform really well.

:)

Mazda MX5 1.8
ive never had a problem with it

its got us to all the majour car shows and stuff
there are some roads without house numbers tho

does pick some strange routes tho sometimes and tries to direct us down some rather small roads.....

182 and 5 GTT
ive got a tom tom 300. Excellent unit but i get a really crappy signal in the 182 due to the windscreen. In my old clio and my van its brilliant. So good my dad asked for one for xmas after he borrowed it! He got the tom tom one, and if whats been said about the signal through the 182 screen is true, he might be getting the 300!

Rb 182
Nick_R182 said:
ive got a tom tom 300. Excellent unit but i get a really crappy signal in the 182 due to the windscreen. In my old clio and my van its brilliant. So good my dad asked for one for xmas after he borrowed it! He got the tom tom one, and if whats been said about the signal through the 182 screen is true, he might be getting the 300!

The signal shouldnt differ between units, an external aerial would sort it tho. Anything with either a heated screen or a Uv screen will cause problems with GPS.

I've just bought a TomTom One which has the latest chip in it. Has no problem at all picking up the signal when attached to the windscreen in the car, let alone in the house!

It's a really good system, for the price I don't think you can't do better.

ClioSport 182
The TomTom ONE and Garmin Nuvi are the new breed of all-in-one GPS which have the new SiRF III chipset which is way more sensitive than the previous version.

My Nuvi picks and maintains the GPS signals really quickly in the 182.

KnightAzul

ClioSport 182
I had the opportunity to try both the TomTom GO 300 and the Garmin Nuvi. The Nuvi wipes the floor with the GO 300.

* TTF in the mornings is much faster. Sometimes I would be half way to work before the GO 300 showed signs of life ...
* Losing and regaining signal during a tunnel is way improved. Infact, in short tunnels/going under wide bridges the Nuvi doesn't lose the signal.

SiRF III chipset is definitely the way forward for the 182 heat reflective windscreen.

KnightAzul