ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Satin black grill

Painted my grill satin black today and thought i'd share a few photos :)

Before
52014024-caa9-55bf.jpg

During
52014024-cad5-4dc9.jpg

After
52014024-caf2-a74a.jpg

52014024-cb0c-5c47.jpg

52014024-cb29-6762.jpg

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Looks good mate, is it easy to do or does the bumper need to be removed to get the grill off ?

Jay

I didn't remove the bumper. Just undid the 2 clips on the grill next to the slam panel (one at each side near headlamps), then eased it out pushing it towards the engine going clip by clip.

Astra (H) VXR
Did you have to prep the grill or just paint straight on? I so what did you do? It's on my list of things to do but of it needs sanding it will be a nightmare!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I really don't get how so many people say it's easy to get the grill off,
I tried the other day and nearly lost the will to live.

I found it unbelievably hard to get off, i'm just going to mask the front up and spray mine on the car.

I found it unbelievably hard to get off, i'm just going to mask the front up and spray mine on the car.

Mine must have been off before at some point because it came off really easily.

I would have painted it on the car but i didn't fancy getting overspray on the radiator and that.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks good :)

It's something that only comes off when you don't want it to.

Astra (H) VXR
Just whipped mine off in literally 2 minutes.... Much easier than I thought... Operation first coat will commence shorty..

Astra (H) VXR
Cheers for the info bud, worked a treat and only took just over an hour
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341008021.200619.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1341008036.063929.jpg

Just got to let if finish drying over night...
Did it in Diamond Black pearlescent..

Iceberg Clio 172
Ive got the paint in the garage waiting to do this, i just cba taking the bumper off! if the grill won't come out, its staying fadey-gray!!

Astra (H) VXR
You're eager mate haha

It's a massive improvement when it's faded :)

I popped out to see how hard it was to take of and I had it off in 2 minutes... So wasn't doing ought already had the paint so just cracked on... Just hope it goes back on as easy... Dunno how much that will fade as I lacquered mine wanted it to match the diamonds and bullets I did the other day... Just got to do back but on bumper and maybe bottom grill and fog surrounds now.

I popped out to see how hard it was to take of and I had it off in 2 minutes... So wasn't doing ought already had the paint so just cracked on... Just hope it goes back on as easy... Dunno how much that will fade as I lacquered mine wanted it to match the diamonds and bullets I did the other day... Just got to do back but on bumper and maybe bottom grill and fog surrounds now.

Bottom bumper grill is my next job as well

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I want to do this but dont want it to look to much on the bear.

Going to spray the rear bumper insert black as i want to put the vinyl on round the exhausts to see what it looks like.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
They do look a lot nicer painted instead of that shitty faded bluey colour they go.