ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Satnav update

DaveLiquid182

ClioSport Club Member
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
What’s my best option? Wife has a 2015 Clio. I wrongly assumed it would be updated yearly when the car went in for service.
I’ve been to Yorkshire and back this weekend from Oxfordshire.
Bit of a nightmare at times due to all the new road layouts.
Cheers

2014 Clio 200t edc
Is it the medianav or rlink system? Easily updatable if it’s the medianav but the rlink you need a new sd card. Easy to find on eBay, around £20 or so for the latest maps. Just done mine.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's surprising how quickly sat-navs appear archaic. There's the constant changing of roads that requires updates for one thing, but the flexibility of them seems completely outclassed by mobiles and tablets these days.

I use Google Maps when on the PC or need street-view, but the really excellent Apple Maps when driving. We had a TomTom sat-nav recently that I found during a house clear-out and I didn't even bother seeing what they were worth on eBay - it just went in the electronics recycling at the local tip.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Is there a way of doing it for free that anyone knows of? I mean the Satnav on Clios is horrendous and pointless but would be nice for when my phone runs out of battery.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Is there a way of doing it for free that anyone knows of? I mean the Satnav on Clios is horrendous and pointless but would be nice for when my phone runs out of battery.
Is it slow as f**k in yours? I've missed so many turnings because of mine lol

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Is it slow as f**k in yours? I've missed so many turnings because of mine lol
I used mine once when I first got the car and gave up on it after that, yeah mine is stupidly slow. Google maps on my phone for all journeys. The whole medianav unit is fantastic though, i love the bluetooth linking to spotify and the radio is good too. Its just the satnav that is bad.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I used mine once when I first got the car and gave up on it after that, yeah mine is stupidly slow. Google maps on my phone for all journeys. The whole medianav unit is fantastic though, i love the bluetooth linking to spotify and the radio is good too. Its just the satnav that is bad.
I need to update my rlink to android auto and then it'll be sound

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
medianav evo on the latest software is great imo, the nav works fine, its not as good as google maps but then what is. Earlier units are crap lol much preffered it to Rlink in my trophy

DaveLiquid182

ClioSport Club Member
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Yeah clicking on map update then getting the file on the flash drive for Medianav toolbox? That's just a software update. Good old Renault making it clear lol
Ok cheers for that. She is changing the car in a couple of months anyway, so I won’t bother.