ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saving a clio from death

Sam's_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
Hi lads and ladies

I need some advice as I’m very new to working on a clio. I have owned a 182 since 2010 but I treated it poorly whilst I was young and now in regretting it. The Clio has been sat for 3 years in an air conditioned garage so it’s been stored well. Basically I ran this clip into the ground for 4-5 years and I deserve the work that’s coming to me but I’m only just starting to work on my own cars and now I want to bringthis clip back to life. She’s a Clio 182 FF with cup pack suspension and anthracite wheels the only modifications I did were the v6 air box with panel Filter, decat and aftermarket exhaust and cook sport springs.

now since the. I have removed the whole interior except from the dash and now I have the bug to bring this back to life and treat her properly. So my main questions are

what are the first things to do when a car has been sat for a long time?

is it worth getting the dephaser and belts done?
looking to the future, do you recommend N/A or low pressure boost?

I have team dynamics pro race 1.2’s, full roll cage, sparco buckets and Luke harnesses ready to go in.

what are the next steps to get this car ready for the track?
Just to let you know I used to have no clue about working with mechanical parts so I ignored issues but now I am a service engineer fixing machines and now have some skills when it comes to working with cars

cheers.

will post some pics tomorrow.

Sam's_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
Hi lads and ladies

I need some advice as I’m very new to working on a clio. I have owned a 182 since 2010 but I treated it poorly whilst I was young and now in regretting it. The Clio has been sat for 3 years in an air conditioned garage so it’s been stored well. Basically I ran this clip into the ground for 4-5 years and I deserve the work that’s coming to me but I’m only just starting to work on my own cars and now I want to bringthis clip back to life. She’s a Clio 182 FF with cup pack suspension and anthracite wheels the only modifications I did were the v6 air box with panel Filter, decat and aftermarket exhaust and cook sport springs.

now since the. I have removed the whole interior except from the dash and now I have the bug to bring this back to life and treat her properly. So my main questions are

what are the first things to do when a car has been sat for a long time?

is it worth getting the dephaser and belts done?
looking to the future, do you recommend N/A or low pressure boost?

I have team dynamics pro race 1.2’s, full roll cage, sparco buckets and Luke harnesses ready to go in.

what are the next steps to get this car ready for the track?
Just to let you know I used to have no clue about working with mechanical parts so I ignored issues but now I am a service engineer fixing machines and now have some skills when it comes to working with cars

cheers.

will post some pics tomorrow.

oh and if anyone know of good dealers to go to local to Gloucester for things like belts or electrical issues, recommendations would be great

ASH_7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Yo, I've been in the same boat as you. My car was off the road for a while so I'd definitely say do the cambelt.. I went with dephaser as well just to save messing around thats another thing thats done and I'm not going to have to do again! Also good thing to do brake fluid as could have some moisture in there after being off road for that long! (y)

Be good to see some pics :)