ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saving an entire site offline

Honda S2000
I'm having a really stupid day! I have to do a presentation tomorrow of a website I have done. There is no internet access in the room so I have to save the site offline. I have copied the site to a cd so all the folders and ASP files are there. So I need to open these files with IE but it won't. Dreamweaver isn't on the laptop either so its not as if I can preview the pages that way. I know there is a simple way to do it but I just can't think!!

Other than saving all the pages of the site individually how do I save the entire site so that I can just put a cd in the laptop and view the pages!!

I must be missing something... it's been a long day!

Honda S2000
sn00p you're a legend! Although when I just tried it said something about the mirrored object being empty. I need a break. Too much time at the pc is driving me insane!

UR 197, AB 182 FF
You can download a program called wget, run it from commandline as follows:

wget http://www.somesite.com -m

and it will create a folder on your hard drive, a complete mirror of the site you want :)

I wouldnt advise doing it to large sites though... especially dynamically driven content wise

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Kelly_ said:
sn00p you're a legend! Although when I just tried it said something about the mirrored object being empty. I need a break. Too much time at the pc is driving me insane!

From memory (I haven't got it in front of me) there's an option somewhere to disable "robots.txt", if might be that the site has that file to stop you grabbing it! Try turning that option off and have another go.