ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saxo Sports Club is down !

Although more the merrier is true, some people on here have Zero tolerance for Saxos, which is a shame.. because as Craggy has demonstrated, they aint as slow as people think.

Lets try and keep the arguments down eh? :)

Daz.

What do you have against us then mate? I like to think im a good representive for the Saxo lot, there are a few idiots i know, the type that say "my VTR can keep with a 172" but most of us Saxo lot are decent enough.

Lionel Richie

Thats cool then, as long as no "i can beat a F1 car in my westcoast" crew appear then im all for it, maybe arrage a Citroen Vs Renault Day?????

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

I did get beaten by a saxo vts (exhaust and filter) at santa pod on sunday. It got 15.635 - I got 15.9 (best)

Obviously on the road (flat) there would be hardley anything in it at all. However take the two cars on the twisties - bye, bye vts.....

Carlos - one of the main areas that the Willy is different from the 16v is the suspension, but its not that much. Basically the Willy has a 34mm wider front track (created by using different offset wheels), lower wishbones from the 19 16v, different shocks all round and different front springs.

The mods obviously have the desired effect in that the Willy is still regarded as the best hot hatch ever by many people, but theres nowt you cant do to a 16v with minor expense! The 16v obviously still uses the same shell, has the same shock mounts, rear torsion bars and weight balance. Theres much, much more of a difference between the Valver and the 1.8 RSi than there is between the 16v and the Willy.

Id say that if you have driven a Willy, then you know what to expect from a 16v.

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 19 February 2003

I did get beaten by a saxo vts (exhaust and filter) at santa pod on sunday. It got 15.635 - I got 15.9 (best)

Obviously on the road (flat) there would be hardley anything in it at all. However take the two cars on the twisties - bye, bye vts.....

Bye , bye VTS?? On the twisties???? Ermmmm.... no i dont think so. Both the valver and the VTS are very well matched cars. be very close.

Trophy

Ok Ok,

Play nicely, not the warmest of welcomes i know, but please lets all get along.

If you wind people up they will respond no matter what car they drive!

Mat.

Quote: Originally posted by Ralphy_VTS on 19 February 2003

What do you have against us then mate? I like to think im a good representive for the Saxo lot, there are a few idiots i know, the type that say "my VTR can keep with a 172" but most of us Saxo lot are decent enough.
I have nothing against the cars except they are more common the a blue rinse at the local bingo hall.

Also i dont want to race every single saxo out ther but it seems that as soon as i pull out of my road thee is a saxo wanting to race.

Saxo seems to be the new nova

sorry just mho

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i was gonna get one

but i look silly in baseball caps and tracksuits- the dealer said if i wanted the cashback i had to wear them when i drove the car

Yeah, our equivalent 1.2s and 1.4s would give them a spanking.

Ralphy - Chill! Burberry is popular with saxo/nova owners..

Id say your 1.2 8v is matched to our 1.1

1.2 16v is a match for a Westie/Furio

1.4 16v and 1.6 16v a match for a VTR

But with the VTS i dont know, its quicker than a 1.6 16v Dynamique but slower than a 172.

ralphy VTS, do you know the guy with the black VTR and N20? i have raced him a few times and he seems v.quick for a VTR, i still beat him but he puts up just a good a fight as some VTSs i have raced(obviously not AS good!) its the one thats been in a fewe mags N** VTR no. plate. before you say was it proper race blah, bla bla. yes it was, we race on thursday nights so i have more then enough PROPER drag races with VTS/VTR etc.

Clio v6

Your quite right Ralphy_VTS the V6 isnt any quicker than a CUP. Maybe only loose a CUP between 140 & 155.

One great advantage the V6 does have over the CUP, is that if you throw all the toys out of your pram and under the bonnet of the CUP, it dont run so well. The V6 will cope with them no problems.

Id rather the CUP stayed in front as its such a lovely colour to look at.

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 20 February 2003

ralphy VTS, do you know the guy with the black VTR and N20? i have raced him a few times and he seems v.quick for a VTR, i still beat him but he puts up just a good a fight as some VTSs i have raced(obviously not AS good!) its the one thats been in a fewe mags N** VTR no. plate. .
clean my next door neigbour got a blue saxo vtr with N20 VTR reg??? he had that reg put on when he had the nos fitted but he took it off ages ago, you sure its not blue?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

:( i cant have a v6

work wont let me :( so i had to get an S3 instead :(

oh well :(