ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scared to do my springs

Golf TDI
my driveshaft popped out when i was fitting coilovers . didnt have a clue what i had done at the time but with a bit of common sense it all went back together nicely ;)

Monaco RS Clio 172
to be fair I did mine and I posted asking how, etc. it is very straightforward. awkward on my own I thought.

support the hubs with a small trolly jack. just support it. you can still swing it around just don't go mad pulling it back and forth and a word of warning... be careful when removing the strut and putting it back in, I very nearly scratched the outside of my arch trying to get the bugger in. and I mean JUST IN PLACE.

then after much stress and pumping myself up and getting the hump I finally just lent on the hubs to lower them enough to get the 2 bolts back in.

first in was a spike, v.thin, then a small allen key, then I pushed it with my foot and managed to get a bolt in and the allen key in the hole below, very awkward on your own indeed I thought.

took me about an hour a side on the fronts as I took my time so as not to damage anything.

and make sure you rebuild the shock properly. looked quite easy to miss something off it.

there is a guide on fuba... search and you shall find

:)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
i cant believe people have trouble getting the front struts out. there is loads of room just put the bottom down behind the hub then pull the top towards you and it comes out.

when disassembling the strut just make sure you take off the washers and bolts and lay them in the order that they came off so you dont get them mixed up when putting them back together.

and most people say its easiest to undo the top mounts first. i done them last. just unclip the little hose off the strut then undo the two bolts. then undo the top mount and pull the strut out.

Clio's
to get the oil out do you not need to undo the 3 nuts that hold the drivshaft onto the gearbox?? ive pulled driveshafts out loads of times and there has never been an oil leak

Yozza'd Titanium 182
thats probably because you pulled the driveshaft out on the drivers side, IIRC the oils comes out on the passenger side.

P.S 3:05am....... go to bed mike lol

Yozza'd Titanium 182
ok got my springs now...

35mm so what the best wat to keep the drive shaft in then?
tie it with rope??