ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scared to play Football Manager!!

BG182®
I love the game but I hate how it sucks you in a wormless hole of time.

I've not played it for a few months now as the season was pretty much over but there's a new update with transfers, leagues, past winner's and staff to download. I know If I download it I'll play it and become trapped again.

Anyone else still playing it or ''Hooked''

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
stopped playing as i wasted 3 years of uni on it.

Can you play 94/95 anywhere?

BG182®
Christ!!

I found myself last year taking my laptop in work on the weekends and playing it... Instead of keeping an eye the 200 servers I had my head glued on the laptop.

The only benifit I had from playing was loosing the urge to get up and have a cig.

DCi
i am tempted to take my laptop in this week and play it. I'm on my last week of notice before i go and i have nothing to do :(

I have a cracking liverpool save at the moment. Torres, Arshavin, Gerrard, Robinho :)

Golf R/Leon FR
i loved playing but the clitches and problems with it put me off

have been thinking of installing it again though

Street Triple R
I thought the series peaked about FM2006/7 ish, I played 2009 the other day, its just got too much in it now IMO

BG182®
I've given in and started playing again. Decided to be Notts County and given myself 5 years to win the premiership. The update gives them all the money they've come into and Sven has given me the backing to be a start... ha lol

I got 15 years in as the manager of Leyton Orient.

Dominating in Europe. I was f**king king.

But then I wiped my computer and forgot about the saved file :dapprove:

BG182®
15 years? The longest I've ever managed was about 5. After that I get bored and start again. When I first played it though I was my beloved Arsenal, didn't win a thing for years but I felt that was a relistic approach to say the least. Managed to still keep my job thanks to Arsenals soft tough board and no desire to win :(

DCi
I finished season 2 last night and that has taken me all year haha.

I just got a board takeover, I hope I keep my job and also I hope that I get 35 million for Messi's release clause.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol wait for the new one and let it completely take over your life! Why do you not feel tired at 5am when you're playing FM? It's a legal stimulant if you as me!

BG182®
09 has been the most in-depth so far. It took me a good few hours to get a good training setup. Secnong year with Arsneal, Aaron Ramsey and Denilson where two of best midfilders.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I know jack all about football, so I'm immune from this form of addiction. :rasp:

However, one of my mate's in the house we shared at uni was hopelessly obessesed to Premier Manager '94 on my PC. Telling him to "f**k off now. It's 2am" did get a little annoying at times. ;)

D.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
ive been up at 4-5am many nights still playing FM, then go to bed and cant sleep cos your trying to think of good right backs you can buy for less than 5 mill or something ha.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
ive been up at 4-5am many nights still playing FM, then go to bed and cant sleep cos your trying to think of good right backs you can buy for less than 5 mill or something ha.
That's what i'm talking about!

I remember reading about a guy who lost his girlfriend due to it and actually wore a suit for the fa cup final he was managing in! Serious addiction!

Defensive midfielder is thee most important player in the game!

The Beast MK4
Just romped my second Welsh title with Llanelli, all the middle european teams are sniffing round me now but I want the treble. :cool:

Got them to the third champions league qualifier too! :D

But I limit my time on it these days, the coffee effect it has is unreal.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lol I remember it was called champ man! 99/00 was the best! No editor!

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
actually wore a suit for the fa cup final he was managing in! Serious addiction!

hahaha!!! that funny as
i tend to go through phases with fm. ill play it for a while then get bored and dont play it for ages, then get an urge again.
im not playing atm. slight urge coming back though.

theres a story about a guy who applyied for the middlesbough manager job because he was wkd on fm.
had a massive Cv of s**t teams he'd made good and won the champ league with.
southgate got the job though lol

Octavia VRS
Lol and before reading this I thought I was bad.

CM 93 and 99/00- awesome!

The new Champ Man is different to the old one, FM is now basically CM if you get my drift

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols there was a young scout not long ago for chelsea and he got the job because of football manager!