ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scart to hdmi?

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
im looking for a new tv and they all seem to have hdmi sockets and all my stuff is scart is there away to connect scart to a hdmi socket?

tiTTy & SV650
You'll find yourself wanting to replace everything to make the most of the higher definition. My old freeview pvr looked ridiculous on an hd tv.

Scart is analogue and hdmi is digital so the results won't be great, pretty sure you can buy cables though. Can also buy analogue - digital converters. Try maplin!

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Scart won't get replaced just yet .. my ~2 yr old LCD TV has scarts.

If you have freeview, most TVs have built in tuners now. If you have a VCR, throw it in the bin :rasp:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Do new TVs really not have any scart leads? That's suprising. I'd have thought they would have a mix of scart and HDMI sockets.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i just bought a brand new Toshiba (which was crap so i swapped it for a...) LG LCD tv before xmas and the toshiba had 2 scart plugs the LG has one so theyre not dead yet...

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
it would be for my xbox and virgin box so needs atleast two most of them ive been looking at have 1 or none

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Could use a rgb for the xbox, is it a 360? If so use hdmi??

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Spend all that money on a new TV and not spending a few quid on an HDMI cable to make the Xbox HD = major fail....
As said ask for a new V box also.

well i cant afford to spend loads of money on the stuff ive not won the bloody lotto.

1 step at a time

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
haha should of read that properly didnt know you could just change the cable :S

well learn something new everyday

the x box 360 is propper old though its one of the orignal ones when scart was all the rage

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
You can get a plug that goes in the old one and turns into hdmi for about £15. Failing that get a component cable for it for around the same price, picture quality will be just as good.

Polo + Micra
didn't the original 360 use a rca to scart converter that was the component lead?

didn't the original 360 use a rca to scart converter that was the component lead?

Mine is an arcade with a HDD fitted (bought 2nd hand moons ago), and it only came with the Scart adaptor and 3 connector RCA lead (white,yellow,red). I had to buy a 5 connector component lead (2 reds, a white, green and blue) to get HD.

Clio 200 Raider
haha should of read that properly didnt know you could just change the cable :S

well learn something new everyday

the x box 360 is propper old though its one of the orignal ones when scart was all the rage

Vga or component for hd for the old xbox. If you still need scart for any of your devices and have only 1 scart socket just use a scart switcher? But upgrade virgin box as said to upscale your viewing aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda. Tesla Someday
HDMI owns!

You could also consider VGA for the 360!

Component will only go to 1080i not 1080p, not that you'll ever notice the difference!

Mazda 3 MPS
HDMI owns!

You could also consider VGA for the 360!

Component will only go to 1080i not 1080p, not that you'll ever notice the difference!

My older 360 is connected up via component and my tv reports that it is receiving a 1080p signal.