ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scottish Karting Meet

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right, so there seemed to be a few people on the last meet thread saying they'd be up for karting. There's no dates set yet (but would probably be a weekend), just trying to get an idea of possible numbers here.

Initial thoughts were for a Super Grand Prix at Raceland in Tranent (see here for info: http://www.raceland.co.uk/outdoor-karting/) but I've contacted Xtreme to see about an unlimited night (4 hours unlimited karting) as there's no dates up for 2016 yet.

Price wise, Xtreme seems the obvious choice as it's about half the price, but Raceland is fantastic (and nothing beats outdoor karting!)

So who's game? And who'd prefer what?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Simply depending on dates but yes! I imagine most would be up for it. Last one was very well received.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Can't beat a bit of karting. I'll keep my eye on this. I'm not bad at karting but expect my arse to be handed to me if I go with you guys!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Although most will probs shite out at 50 bucks for raceland.
Try 60 quid for them now!

Seems the general view from everyone is raceland over xtreme though?

I got word back from xtreme this morning anyway that their next unlimited events are Sunday 14th Feb in Edinburgh or Sunday 6th March in Falkirk. Anyone interested in those (most likely Falkirk in March) or are we going with raceland?

Xtreme unlimited could be easier tbh as you book your own space online and if you don't then there will be other goons you can race when you're there.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Seems like most would prefer raceland then. Only issue with them is that they require a deposit before booking but if everyone was set on a date and happy to send deposits over then it's doable. I'll find out what dates are available for March. Gives us plenty time that way.

We will also need a minimum of 16 drivers to keep the cost at £60pp. They work on a minimum event cost (£960)so any less than 16 drivers and we'd still have to make the cost up.
Where is the "dislike" button? Or should I report? :confused:
Lol my bad! I was sure I tagged you as well!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Depends on dates but could be up for it! Raceland is my pref but would do either

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Been in touch with Raceland about dates and prices.

We have the 6th, 13th, 20th or 27th March (all Sundays, they're cheaper) and a choice of 12:30pm or 3:30pm event start times. Sundays are all pretty free at the moment whereas Saturdays are pretty booked up. They're also £60pp compared to only £52.50pp on a Sunday so it's a no brainer IMO!

13th or 20th at 12:30pm sounds best to me but i'm open to suggestions.

Worth noting though that we NEED a 50% deposit before booking (£26.25 each). I collected this by paypal for the last karting meet we done with no issue so would probably do the same again.

Let me know your thoughts on this guys and if everyone's happy (and we can get 16 drivers!) we can get collecting deposits asap.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@gally @Cribert @Fraser.J. @Paprika123 @Michaelfoz @Stu. @Danny_172 @Shocker @Dannyeff @Haybails1980 @Fraserb @DrHammershaft @Andy_Miller @scotiamr2t @Gaz85 @Djw Dave @Djw John

Need to know soonish who is up for this on the dates above (13th or 20th) so we can start collecting deposits and get it booked.

Add your name below please with what date(s) suit (13th is most likely unless we need more time to get deposits in) if you're coming along. If we can't get 16 it'll have to be Xtreme.

1. sburrell93

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to have to give this a miss....my spare funds are going towards holidays & ClioSportFestival prep in afraid.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well this has died off a bit... If we can't get the numbers soonish I can't see it going ahead unfortunately, as that still leaves deposits to be collected before we can book up.