ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scraping noise

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Over the last week my PB182 has been making a scraping noise from the front. It sounds just like you have a tree branch stuck under the car. Its worst between 0-50mph and you dont hear it that much above that - but it could be the engine sound that drowns it out after that.

It does however completely disappear when you press the clutch pedal down so you are coasting. If i rev the engine at a standstill it doesnt make the sound. I also find the noise tends to get a lot quieter when you arent accelerating

Im hoping someone knows what it is so I can get it fixed. Im thinking it has to be something like the gearbox or clutch. The gearbox works OK no crunches or anything.
Thanks
Gus

RB Clio 182
It might sound daft mate but check the front arch liners arnt scraping, it makes a dreadful noise when they detach and scrape along the floor!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
It might sound daft mate but check the front arch liners arnt scraping, it makes a dreadful noise when they detach and scrape along the floor!
Thanks mate, have checked them as it is just like that sort of noise, the noise disappears when the clutch is pressed though.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I had this when my wheels were loose. Even with the clutch thing!
Cheers Dan, I havent checked the wheels since buying the car a few months ago ! im going to die!
Will get that checked ASAP.