ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scraping when turning steering

1.2 mk2 renault clio
Hi i have just ran into a problem with my clio where when i turn my steering at low speeds there is a scraping metal on metal noise but isnt constant thought turning only at sertain times, currently under car having a look and a wobble of steering components
If someone can help that would be great.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
that to me sounds like the suspension top bearing is seized and that noise is the rubber on the body, when it makes the noise does the steering want to turn back the opposite way as you let go?

1.2 mk2 renault clio
that to me sounds like the suspension top bearing is seized and that noise is the rubber on the body, when it makes the noise does the steering want to turn back the opposite way as you let go?
D
No just the noise ill have a look at the top bearing when home what are they like to replace if it is that