ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratches + swirl marks

Well, currently doing up my dymanique and the body is in quite a bad condition. Don't have the money to get parts resprayed and so on so wanting to do the best i have.

For the swirl marks i plan to get some mags scratch-x along with a buffer pad attached to a drill fitting i have. What do you think?

Then some AG SRP to bring it up after some detailing with a clay bar.

There are a few scratched areas on the car, some one the metal work and some on the plastic wing. They have taken the colour out but are more of large scuffs where you can't really feel most of it. What do you suggest for this? Especially the plastic.

On the back bumper there is a part on the edge line on the side (should really get a picture) about an inch long and a cm wide. Its just white stuff where the paint has totally come off. My idea to diy it the best way was to mask and cover the whole area but that part, spray primer, wet and dry, spray paint (i have the exact colour in a tin) sand, spray, then lacquer over it and buff up. Upon primering trying to get raise it the best i can so its not a deep mark still. I also thought of doing this for my doors where someone who had it in the past did not look after it and basically took the paint off the edge of the door. :mad:

I also have a touch up pen with the same colour and lacquer for that too.

What do you think?

A well built VW
For the swirl marks i plan to get some mags scratch-x along with a buffer pad attached to a drill fitting i have. What do you think?

Please take some pictures I would love to see the results

Either use the SRP by hand or get someone with the right tools to do the job for you

clio 172 5 turbo 2
id try and get some filler in it or if not build it up with high build primer id also wet sand with 2000 to blend it in. hope your confident as ive seen many blow-ins gone wrong :dapprove:

White clique
hmmm not too sure this would be the best idea, a drill fitting would make it rotory and scratch-x is quite abbrasive, if i were you i'd to the heavy scratches isolated with scratch-x by hand then do the whole lot by hand with SRP.

The plastic is the most likely area to get damaged with a rotory buffer.

And clay before you use scratch-x, not after with the SRP.

White clique
I'll forget that then,
So clean the car well first,
clay the car using the clay bar,
hand use of the Scratch-x,
then AG SRP by hand after?

Thats what i'd do - plus the last stage of adding a wax. SRP has some sealant properties, but really you want a wax over the top of it as the clay process will remove all protection that you have on there at the moment. I did a couple of stages today, so decent wash then clay all over, and its getting machine polished with a dual action on tuesday plus wax.

Make sure you use loads of lubricant when claying too, especially if it hasnt been clayed before.

Using SRP by hand is OK, but for the best results you really want a dual action machine polisher if you can get your hands on one. Still worth doing by hand though!

I'll give it a go.

Here are the marks, i cannot afford to get them done professionaly but i have spray (well will have once i order some more!) and a touch up pen.

What do you suggest, i will give the above a go with the megs stuff but want to try and mask them the best i can.

I did have a go yesterday with a couple of small scuffs in the door panel by rubbing my finger over them to fill with the touch up pen paint, it pretty much covered them in from the white but i don't want it to look too obvious as the rest is on the car in view lol.

photo4.jpg

The bumper is not a problem, i do plan to spray this at some point to colour code.
photo42.jpg

photo22.jpg

The same for the door handle, i have new ones that will be colour coded as soon as i get some time.
photo3-1.jpg

Those are down to the primer, so will not budge with SRP or Scratch X. I wouldn't waste your time/money and just look at getting smart fixes or the panels resprayed.

anything
put a bit of saliva on ur finger and dab it on all scratches if the scratch turns blue it will only be the laquer thats scratched... tbh srp will be useless ... start off with a rotary then move onto an orbital if unsure start off with a soft pad and medium cut