ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screeching noise on my clio

Clio Sport 172
I have a screeching noise on my 172 it can be when the car is cold or warm and happens more on a sharp right turn. I have had car at Renault for 1 week now who have replaced Aux belt and said it was fixed, but I didnt even get out of the car park when it started again.
Any ideas folks?:(

H86

black 172
same here and im praying its the fanbelt ! is the noise louder from the top end? i had loose aux belt but that noise was louder from under the car and it deffo not the same sound.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You'll be praying for a long time, 172 has no fanbelt lol.

H86

black 172
really!!! i had a feeling someone would say that as thought id read that in a similair thread.

bollox
a. because im useless
b. because thats something else f*ked then ( iv owned it a month)

Clio Sport 172
i know how you feel, i have had climate control sensor replaced passenger door fixed, the trip keeps resseting which i am told is the battery and now i have a screech! i have had the car 3 months:(

Iceberg 172
Not on mileage, but should be done before 5 years, or at 4 years to be safe.

What reg is it?

Clio Sport 172
its a 51 plate, i have had renault replace the aux belt and tell me it is fixed!
Took it back on 31st December and they have still no idea!:(

Clio Sport 172
turns out it is the drive shaft, it has a cracked gator which is letting in water and crap off the road. Renault reckon it was caused by a major front end impact as they have found out that the whole front sub frame has been replaced at some point before I owned the car. Nothing came up on HPI check so I am going back to the dealer now as I think I have a lemon of a car.:(