ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

screeching on full lock

black ph2 172
hi when im parking or turning slowley on full lock i get a loud screeching from the engine(front of car) could anybody please tell me what it could possibly be and how to fix and how much, thanks

clio 1.4RT
i get a simular sound too..... bit of a screeching sound from the front when turning full lock or going round tight corners.

black ph2 172
yeah but it only does it for about 2 seconds then goes didnt know if it was anything to do with the power steering

clio 1.4RT
i think it maybe to do with either the power steering motor or its a mechanical noise and somthing to do with the steering componants.

im hoping others can help solve this poblem as im as much in the dark as you are.

Sounds like the aux belt slipping when the power steering pumps under load. Check your belt condition, might be time for a new belt and tensioner.

black ph2 172
its only had all new belts 10k miles ago u recon they could have been fitted badly or garage i bought it from just didnt do them and said they did, how would a check.