ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screwed by Renault? did you get any Compensation?

RenaultSport clio Trophy
Hello,
I am having many a problem with Renault UK. I'm sure there is a thread on here somewhere about the non-starting problem with my car that my hubby started.
to cut a long story short - 5 months ago my clio trophy began to not start. This problem is still not repaired despite several trips to the garage, several parts being repalced and Renault UK being involved for the last 3 months.
My car has now sat at a dealers for 15 weeks.
They think the problem is a wiring loom for which Renault informed me yesterday that no part number exists for and a new part will have to be made from scratch which could take another unspecified period of weeks. How it has taken 15 weeks to come to this conclusoon is beyone me - I am rapidly losing the plot.......
They have indicated that we could be due compensation but not specified. My question is this - has anyone else had serious problems with Renault and obtained compensation? Has anyone had a similar problem? Can anyone help at all???

I have witten letters of comlaint to the garages concerned, Renault Uk, watchdog, evo, autocar and top gear as well arnold clark. I have also e-mailed some renault bosses. I await the flood of replies.............

help anyone?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You sound like you've covered off most options in that last paragraph. I really wouldn't know where else you could turn to in order to get a resolve on this issue.

It's an absolute ridiculous situation that Renault UK aren't keeping you up to speed with developments though. :(

D.

Megane Trophy, Golf
I would demand either a new car or my money back quoting trading standards! this sounds outrageous to me.

Lots of Alfas
Did renault lend you a free courtesy car during this time? I would be going mad if Renault had my car that long, it would be at my dealer everyday.

RenaultSport clio Trophy
Thanks for the responses guys!
I do have a coutesy car at the moment - a 1.2l clio rip curl (think that just means they can put some sh1t graphics on the back and red plastic in the cabin) and it has a really bad brake judder. I had a 1.4l Modus before that (yes very stylish indeed). Cortesy car situation is far from ideal. we spoke to renault about getting a sport model as a gesture of goodwill for all the stress we have been put through, they said they would look into it and have not done F-all.
Trading standards might be a good idea - I will look into that and see what I come up with.
I cannot believe that this situation has taken so long and so much of my time and energy and yet I don't know where else to turn for help.

I have to say that unsurprisingly this is putting me off the whole renault sport range, all arnold clark dealerships and anything French

ok, that might be taking it a bit far but I am very wound up right now!

RenaultSport clio Trophy
Tried citizens advice - could have strangled the guy I spoke to. He was no help at all, couldn't work his computer (I had to show him how to open and shut windows and print) and basically indicated that the problem was my fault for buying a limited edition car!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: He didn't give me any other points of contact or advice. RUBBISH.

Thanks for the advice though - maybe I just got the guy before his lunch or something. I do relise that they are all volunteers there but maybe they have more experience with personal problems than difficult consumer issues.

Clio 197
I have been having a bit of issues with my car and trust me when it comes to a brand new car bought at a garage there is certain obligations that the garage has to meet.. I was looking into it all cause its only a cival matter and i took it to them.. If its breaches what they told you the car would do.. ie Drive then they have to fix it to your standards and if i was you i would have it all written down and agreed..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Was the car purchased through renault? I'd just try rejecting the car, and having a replacement/money back?

55 BG FF 182
dunno if they have already done this but renault did come up wth a solution for the problem you are describing.
which was to replace the coolant temp sensor and loom
dunno if this helps