ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scrubbing on shocks??

Clio 172 ph1
Just fitted new wheels on my 172 which are et25 7j running 205/45/16 tyres. Also lowered on sportline spring.

Had to re-align my rear bumper as they are very close to the arches, which has stopped them scrubbing. However when I took the wheel off to do this I noticed marks on the shock cover where it looked like its been rubbing.

I am thinking surely these must have been there from the previous wheel. Would there be any logical way of the wheel catching the shock when they are so far out in the arches?

Clio 172 ph1
I did have a look as best I could but harder to see once its on the ground. Might try looking with my phone camera after work :LOL:

The wheels are et25 so cant put spacers on them as they were a close fit as it is.

These are the wheels - Dont know the make unfortunately (suggestions welcome)

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
It should be the same on the ground as up in the air??

Macpherson strut so it should be the same position as it's only the upper spring and wishbone angle that changes

Clio 172 ph1

Macpherson strut so it should be the same position as it's only the upper spring and wishbone angle that changes

Lucky that I get my brother to help normally with working on my car..... I'm sure he'll be along to laugh at me any second now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

With that in mind I will jack the car up when I get home and look!

182 clio
If you can't get a way round it your better sticking 195/45r16 tyres on.
That will give your an extra 5mm each side roughly

E36 M3,172 cup
True you shouldn't get any change on camber only ride height, but you can get tyre flex and also axle tramp where one side flexing under cornering so small movement

Clio 172 ph1

I checked and the wheel is clear from the strut, just strange as the wheels I took off were original OZ f1s so cant see whats happened?

They look like Rota Grid wheels :)

That is what thought they were ?