ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sealife Centre

Punto/Clio GTT
went to sealife centre today, few pics i took (not very good) taking pics of fish is impossible!

DSCF2512.jpg

DSCF2413.jpg

DSCF2440.jpg

DSCF2441.jpg

DSCF2448.jpg

DSCF2451.jpg

DSCF2452.jpg

DSCF2457.jpg

DSCF2465.jpg

DSCF2467.jpg

DSCF2469.jpg

DSCF2476.jpg

DSCF2477.jpg

Baby seahorses
DSCF2480.jpg

DSCF2481.jpg

DSCF2485.jpg

DSCF2491.jpg

Piranhas!
DSCF2497.jpg

DSCF2499.jpg

Frogs
DSCF2502.jpg

Fish in aquarium shots need a high ISO, get as close to the glass as possible to reduce reflections, and I find it easiest in manual. Aperture/Shutter usually throw a fit.

Good attempts none the less.

Punto/Clio GTT
lost me at high ISO

i take pics in 2 modes, flash or no flash, thats it lol

would be cool to learn though i guess although i doubt my camera has those funky options

ISO is film speed. A good analogy of ISO I read was as follows. "Think of ISO as bees collecting pollen, only ISO is for light. The higher the ISO, the more "bees" there are, so the "pollen" (light) is collected much quicker"

Basically, in low light situations, having a High ISO enables quicker shutter speeds, which you need to freeze the motion of the fish.

Ian

Focus TDCi
lost me at high ISO

i take pics in 2 modes, flash or no flash, thats it lol

:)

Good work, clearly not the best photos - but still interesting nonetheless! Really hard to get any decent photos, even with top of the range camera - dark place, shooting through glass and fast moving objects. Looks like a good day out though, places like this fascinate me.

Number of people taking photos with flash through the glass at Chester Zoo when I went was frustrating, kept having to hold my tongue.

Last edited: