ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat Belt Problem

Renault Clio Mk3
Hi there.

Im new to this forum so I have no idea if this has been posted before..

Saturday I was involved in a small crash when my car hit the back of another car and damaged the front end but nothing too serious, the airbags didn't deploy but the seatbelts have activated or whatever you call it. The back two have completely locked (no one was in the back) and they can't be moved at all. The front two which myself and a passenger were using have stopped working (the pretentioners) so they no longer roll back into the pretentioners.

I'm just wondering if they can be fixed at all? Or do I need to buy 4 new seat belt pretentioners? And if so does anyone have any idea roughly how much it will cost me?

Hi there.

Im new to this forum so I have no idea if this has been posted before..

Saturday I was involved in a small crash when my car hit the back of another car and damaged the front end but nothing too serious, the airbags didn't deploy but the seatbelts have activated or whatever you call it. The back two have completely locked (no one was in the back) and they can't be moved at all. The front two which myself and a passenger were using have stopped working (the pretentioners) so they no longer roll back into the pretentioners.

I'm just wondering if they can be fixed at all? Or do I need to buy 4 new seat belt pretentioners? And if so does anyone have any idea roughly how much it will cost me?

A full set of belts would cost around £30 pounds, there's also an airbag ECU which stores that the pre-tensioners have fired causing the airbag light to stay on. This may need to be reset. I don't know how, but I'm also sure you can purchase another one as these aren't coded.

Don't take my word as gospel.