ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat release handle

clio 16v
Cable on handle on passenger seat has snapped so I have to let people in the back through my side which is a bummer. Any one had this problem? Exspensive fix?

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Mine snapped months ago, still havn't fixed it yet!

Run your hand along the back of the seat, you'll feel a metal bar running along horizontally (sp)

Push it foward and you'll be able to tilt the seat foward. Bit of a pain to do, but you can do it from your drivers seat and means you dont have to get out :)

Civic Type S GT
I snapped my drivers one, winner though because means I don't have to get out of the car. Although I would like it fixing as I don't like broken things.

330 Ci
Is it the cable thats snapped or has it come out of the shuttle that it sits in? (so the seat tips forward but doesnt slide forwards on the runners)??

Civic Type S GT
On mine the handle snapped, the cable is ok ish but its really stubborn and feels as though it's going to snap.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
mine snapped, was a good excuse to fit ph1 172 seats, handle is lower down and wont snap WIN :D

but to change the cable i was told the seat cover's need to come off to fit a new one,

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Yeah you have to pull the seat cover up to get to it. Expensive? Takes about 2 minutes lol, do it yourself.

If the cable has snapped, you can buy a new one to replace it with. Unsure of price from renault, although there is a guy selling them on ebay for about £13.50 + postage.

Ive a slightly different problem, my seat folds forwards, but doesn't slide forward on the runners. (As FAST_aD13 has referred to as it coming out of the shuttle it sits in)

Ive had a look, but cant see what has gone wrong to sort it. Has any one any pointers?

Clio 172 Cup
just done mine on my 172 Cup - cable cost about £16.50+ VAT & it took about 20mins. You need to roll the seat cover up out of the way after unhooking the elastic keeping it in place then it will all become very obvious! The plastic cover around the handle needs to come off & you'll need an Allen Key or similar from memory. Unlike most of these boys on here I'm no expert spanner man but even I found this a simple job to do. Just make sure you get the right cable as the kid I bought the car off supplied the wrong cable when I bought it!

The cable that i were onabout is this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439ed4009b

However, im not sure whether that is the right cable for you, there are two cables from what i can make out:-
One is from the handle at the top of the seat down to where it folds forwards, this is the one with the white clip which often breaks,
The second cable is the one as shown in the ebay item, which is what the white clip sits into which goes into the base of the seat and into the runners.

G

gtmatt

The cable that i were onabout is this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439ed4009b

However, im not sure whether that is the right cable for you, there are two cables from what i can make out:-
One is from the handle at the top of the seat down to where it folds forwards, this is the one with the white clip which often breaks,
The second cable is the one as shown in the ebay item, which is what the white clip sits into which goes into the base of the seat and into the runners.

thanks mate

"Navy" N17 TWO
This happened to Dad's seat last month too - that wee cable & a tenner for a mate got it sorted :)

TTRS & V50
just done mine on my 172 Cup - cable cost about £16.50+ VAT & it took about 20mins. You need to roll the seat cover up out of the way after unhooking the elastic keeping it in place then it will all become very obvious! The plastic cover around the handle needs to come off & you'll need an Allen Key or similar from memory. Unlike most of these boys on here I'm no expert spanner man but even I found this a simple job to do. Just make sure you get the right cable as the kid I bought the car off supplied the wrong cable when I bought it!

I'm 99% sure the 16.50 + VAT one is the one that runs along the bottoms and the 30 + VAT is the one that runs from the handle down the seat. Although you say you have fitted it ? Odd.