ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seatbelt locked....help!

Artic Blime 182
Alright people,

To cut a long story short the middle rear seatbelt will not extend at all. :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jap Box
Alright people,

To cut a long story short the middle rear seatbelt will not extend at all. :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Same problemhere with me, back left of mine won't budge though.

Also the seatbelt clips have jammed in mine, you go to put a belt into the clip and it goes in about 3/4 of the way but then doesnt go any further or lock into place.

Sorry if im stealing your thread here but we might both get help :)

Ive tried giving mine a knock with a hammer but it was no help.

It sounds like the mechanism is jammed although ive never been too keen to open up seat belts.

Jap Box
It sounds like the mechanism is jammed although ive never been too keen to open up seat belts.

Yeah replacements are only around £20 anyway from cliospares if I remember correctly :)

Would PH1 belts fit into the PH2 obviously colour would be wrong but thats not much bother, and aldo the seatbelt clips at the bottom, the bits with the red eject button on them :rasp: would they fit fine too? I would have thought so but I don't want to take it all apart and realise it won't actually work, and the one car is 30 miles away from the other one :(

Yeah replacements are only around £20 anyway from cliospares if I remember correctly :)

Would PH1 belts fit into the PH2 obviously colour would be wrong but thats not much bother, and aldo the seatbelt clips at the bottom, the bits with the red eject button on them :rasp: would they fit fine too? I would have thought so but I don't want to take it all apart and realise it won't actually work, and the one car is 30 miles away from the other one :(

I dont see why not but if you get the chance to try it out then i would. :)

Jap Box
I dont see why not but if you get the chance to try it out then i would. :)

I would have thought the belt clips would fit fine anyway and they are pretty much all the same in every car.

I'll have a go at swapping the belts and clips over next week and see how it goes anyway :) if I have the right size tools this time, had all sized star drives last week apart from the one renault decided to use for the seatbelts, typical.

Artic Blime 182

If this worked it would be epic :rasp:

Same problemhere with me, back left of mine won't budge though.

Also the seatbelt clips have jammed in mine, you go to put a belt into the clip and it goes in about 3/4 of the way but then doesnt go any further or lock into place.

Sorry if im stealing your thread here but we might both get help :)

Ive tried giving mine a knock with a hammer but it was no help.

Ive removed my unit completely now and it looks like the actual part goes into lock with the slightest pull. An no worries hopefully we will get an answer.

Yeah i think it has, dont really want to take it to pieces as its quite an important part although if i buy a new one i will destroy this one lol

I think they may be the same may try cliospares is this a website or is this part of renaults?

Ill post some pictures up of the culprit.

Last edited:
  Artic Blime 182
Trader on here, this is their ebay store - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/cliosparesltd

This could be what your after, but it might be the wrong year - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3eff70b565

Yeah they look like the correct bits mine are silver though not to sure what colour they are. Thanks though :approve:

Also i had a look at the socket/clips on there an they look the same as the PH2 ones, i have them handy if you want me to take a picture just so you can confirm before you buy yours?

This is the problem part:
SDC10490.jpg

SDC10491.jpg

This is it without any pressure:
SDC10495.jpg

This is it with a small amount of pressure:
SDC10496.jpg

SDC10497.jpg

Any one took one of these apart?

Jap Box
Yeah they look like the correct bits mine are silver though not to sure what colour they are. Thanks though :approve:

Also i had a look at the socket/clips on there an they look the same as the PH2 ones, i have them handy if you want me to take a picture just so you can confirm before you buy yours?

Im looking for PH2 blts myself too, but I think the belts from my PH1 will fit on the PH2 fine :)

If I get around to it this week I will swap them and see how it goes, seeing as I have 2 middle belts I can send you one if you pay postage for me :) unles you need it very soonish.

Artic Blime 182
Im looking for PH2 blts myself too, but I think the belts from my PH1 will fit on the PH2 fine :)

If I get around to it this week I will swap them and see how it goes, seeing as I have 2 middle belts I can send you one if you pay postage for me :) unles you need it very soonish.
I manage to fix my seatbelt now so it is back in and working.

What colour is the spare one you have? As if its silver i may purchase it off you if its available, just in case :approve:

Did you manage to sort yours?

Jap Box
I manage to fix my seatbelt now so it is back in and working.

What colour is the spare one you have? As if its silver i may purchase it off you if its available, just in case :approve:

Did you manage to sort yours?

How did you manage to fix it out of interest? Migh be a good idea to make a guide on here for other people who might have the problem :) Or I will try if I know how to fix it.

The PH2 belt im pretty sure is black, but the PH1 is silverish grey, or it might be the other way around. I will have a check for you at some point :)

Havent sorted mine yet no, one belt is locked and the belt clips are still broken as I havent bothered to go to the PH1 to remove the belts off it, but when I do that ill get the middle one off also incase you might need it.

Artic Blime 182
Right think i got lucky trying to fix it really.
Basically i shook the unit (apparently in some seat belts there are balls that can come out of a socket and lock the unit, in case of a jump, rollover etc not sure if this is the case on clios) then rotating the unit slightly at different angles whilst gently pulling the belt till it came free. I found it easier to keep the belt in its standard position and move the plastic section on the unit to a different angle to the belt worked quicker. Its time consuming but seemed to work, and now the unit is working just fine.
Hope this helps, if not give me a shout and i will try and explain better.

Renault clio 182
For anyone who has this problem its easy to fix.
Just make sure the bottom part is perfectly straight (i held it against the wall) and if you try a few times it should come loose :)