ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seatbelt recoil

Dynamique Flamer
^ LOL don't know if that's the right word.

But anyways......my drivers seatbelt when taken off doesn't recoil back as in I have to feed about half a metre back into the stupid gap otherwise I shut my door onto the seatbelt clip. Anyone know what maybe causing it? And how simple it would be to maybe fix or bodge? Cheers :)

M

mini-valver

Pull the trim off from over the belt and make sure its not trapped or being stopped by anything, if not, new seatbelt. Does it snag if you pull it quickly like it should or does it just reel out?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So the thing thats supposed to go in the hole won't go? You have to push it in yourself?

Is it like putting toothapaste back in the tube??

I don't know if men have mentioned it before, but you're doing it wrong Kerry. ;)

Dynamique Flamer
It works. Just when you take it off it doesn't wind back into the plastic trim and I end up with a long seatbelt hanging out the door :(