ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seized caliper pins !

So while the car is off the road I'm attempting to remove the old pins/pads before I order a new set on my 225.

The pins are just not moving so I used the method of cutting them down inside at each end. This made me able to get the pads out but the head of the pin is still in the rear of the caliper. No amount of penetrating oil, hitting hard with a punch, making a small cut in it for a flat head screw driver in it will let it move..

Any suggestions what to do next? It would be so much easier to leave them on the car but I'll take them off if I have to (any guides on how to? Obviously it will need new fluid etc which is fine)

I have no idea how to drill something out, I don't want to run the caliper really.

Cheers.

Even after the lack of replies ;)

After many swear words, hands hit with hammer and a couple of ruined tools i managed to get them out!

Cannot wait to get the revised pins in with R clips so this doesn't happen again.