ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seized slider pin, how to remove?

My discs have been getting v hot as of recently. I took the wheel off and was greeted with this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428427739.962948.jpg

Now this lower pin is the problem

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428427769.421835.jpg

How can I get this out and does it need a new carrier for the pin to go in?

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
'should' pull out, if you can get it out bigg red sell slider bolts. when refitting use red rubber grease on the slider to lube it up.
if you cant get it out youll need a new carrier

'should' pull out, if you can get it out bigg red sell slider bolts. when refitting use red rubber grease on the slider to lube it up.
if you cant get it out youll need a new carrier

It's seized solid. The top one comes out no problem. Bugger!

going to continue on with it tomorrow to see if I can get it out

Clio 172 Cup
Does the slider pin screw out? Or does anyone know the best way to free it up??
Just one of mine is seized solid and coursing the pads to lock on after fitting new ones! Cheers

Does the slider pin screw out? Or does anyone know the best way to free it up??
Just one of mine is seized solid and coursing the pads to lock on after fitting new ones! Cheers
No matter it should just pull out. Best way to free it up I would say it to heat the carrier so that it expands and then using a big screw driver or something similar sit it on the neck of the carrier pin and beat it out with a hammer. The rust will eventually break and the pin will come free. A bit of penetrating oil may also be useful

immaculate clio 172
Yep one of mine was seized solid last week
Blow torch on the carrier for a minute and came straight out
Repainted carrier
Fittd new pin and all good as new