ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sell the rb 182 and buy a megane 250 or ep3 type r

Clio 182
Hi
Been thinking of changing my clio for a while now. Whilst I love it I’m thinking do I get something else. It always puts a smile on my face. It got dyno’d at 200bhp. It’s got all the mods I wanted it to have like cams, sm inlet, lightweight flywheel, bilsteins b14, turini wheels, Recaro seats. Solid top mounts.
So my thinking is do I get a newer car like the megane 250 or something ultra reliable like the civic type r.
The girlfriend has a fn2 civic type r and it has been so reliable. It only ever needs a oil change every 6 months.
But will I find these too boring. Has anyone else sold their Clio for one of these.
Thanks.
Matt.

2004 Racing Blue 182
Hi
Been thinking of changing my clio for a while now. Whilst I love it I’m thinking do I get something else. It always puts a smile on my face. It got dyno’d at 200bhp. It’s got all the mods I wanted it to have like cams, sm inlet, lightweight flywheel, bilsteins b14, turini wheels, Recaro seats. Solid top mounts.
So my thinking is do I get a newer car like the megane 250 or something ultra reliable like the civic type r.
The girlfriend has a fn2 civic type r and it has been so reliable. It only ever needs a oil change every 6 months.
But will I find these too boring. Has anyone else sold their Clio for one of these.
Thanks.
Matt.

I had an EP3 about 12 months ago before my Golf GTI. Great car. But it won’t feel faster than your Clio I would think. Especially, as you say, it’s running 200bhp.

The EP3 is a quick car once on the boil, but you have to keep it there to make any progress. I’m sure you know this from driving the FN2.

Loved the seats, loved the induction noise on VTEC crossover and loved the way it handled. But I just didn’t get on with having no torque from the get go.

Oh, and it certainly isn’t anymore refined than a 182 [emoji23] it’s raw and noisy!

To be honest, if i could have a torquey EP3 I doubt I’d have sold it. It put a massive smile on my face when I drove it on proper roads, but it did make me want to wring it’s neck constantly! It defo would’ve got me into trouble with plod. Mind you, so did my RB182 [emoji23]

Oh ind they are thirsty. Mine was standard and I was getting 24mpg at best!

83f0b94dd57e4677ebbe9a39ded82042.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 182
I keep think a nice oyster grey 250 is the way to go. But just been out in the Clio and it is so much fun.

Clio 182
You've done so much work to your own car why start again and potentially take on someone else's problems? You know your own car inside and out. Start enjoying it.

T

I'd be bored shitless with the 250 compared to the 200hp Clio. EP3 is a good car but you'd need some expensive mods to get it as fun, exciting and as fast as the Clio. Owned both a modified ep3 and 182 and modded TC'd motor and I just dont like the latter, just doesn't give you the same buzz as a high revving na.