ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sellers trying to hide the car being a write off.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  182 Ly ff.
Prob a case of if they don't ask...... Etc. some stupid/gullible people out there so get away with it.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
This is nothing new they've been doing it for years, whenever I see a car that seems really cheap I naturally look straight to near the end of the write up for the Cat D bit.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1.2 16v clio
to be honest i would put the insurance cat d in the same place as its good to advertise the good things about the car first to gain the buyers interest and since insurance write off's are well over rated sometimes a car doesn't deserve to be wrote off

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  WRX
The one that gets me is when the ad goes a bit like this.
Clio 172 £995
T & T etc etc, bla bla bla you know the score.
Real price £1995
Just so it's at the top of the page.

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The one that gets me is when the ad goes a bit like this.
Clio 172 £995
T & T etc etc, bla bla bla you know the score.
Real price £1995
Just so it's at the top of the page.

I think on Auotrader it is so they don't have to pay 4x the amount to list it as cars under 1k are much cheaper to list.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  328, MK1 Clio 1.4
What's the problem?

He's advertised it as a Cat D..

This.

If you don't check it's your own fault. It's not illegal to not list it as a CAT D/C/whatever. A bit like a lot of old 172's have 8 - 10 owners, you don't see it listed in the add and some people may view that as a negative, same with write offs. The only reason I wouldn't buy one is because of the resale issues, if you can see it has been repaired to a high standard what is the problem?