ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling a free upgrade

Focus 1.8 TDCi
I know a lot of people do it...is it legal??

i'm due an upgrade from vodafone but want to sell it as im skint...is there any steps i have to take or can i just sell it on ebay etc???

Revels Mum & Sister
I have always wondered this. I have sold LOADS of them in the past and never had an issue. I would imagine the phone is YOUR property as the contract subs the cost of the handset.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
yeh its fine just keep using the phone you have.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
But if you don't pay your contract till the end they block the phone.

Focus 1.8 TDCi
well my mum and brother got an upgrade aswell so im selling three...check out ''others for sale'' thread

Revels Mum & Sister
But if you don't pay your contract till the end they block the phone.

They usually block the SIM and number I believe NOT IMEI of the phone which is important to someone buying it.

As per the other post he works for them although I know people who have gone on not being able to pay for ages and they never chase the handset. Like he said an extreme case

Focus 1.8 TDCi
ordered a samsung tocco for my free upgrade. im going to sell it...if i leave it as it is will it be only vodafone contract sim's that will work or will it accept vodafone PAYG sims?

Focus 1.8 TDCi
griff i know it looks dodgy but i was actually writing the post before i even saw yours!! my mum and 2 brother have upgrades at the same time but my mum sold them at her workplace thats all mate!

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I never even took my tmob n95 out the box. sold it as new and sealed.

used a n95 8gb i got elsewhere.

Never had any comeback off tmob or buyer in 9 months since sold.