ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling broken 360 elite

My 360 elite has had a faulty dvd drive for a while now, and I have been too lazy to do anything about it. Now Forza 3 is out, I neeed to get gaming again!!

I was wondering how much my elite would be worth to someone who wants to repair it. I can't get on ebay in work, and have no net at home, hence why I am asking as I cant just search ebay for finished listings.

I was concidering sending it off to microsoft and paying the £83 they want to repair it, but its one of the first elites made so warranty on even the rings is nearly up, so might aswell just get a new one.

I can get an elite and 2 games for ~£175, so providing I get 2 games I want, and can sell my broken elite, I should be able to break even and save the hassle of sending mine off, and having missing out on a brand new warranty.

Can keep my old hard drive and sell the new elite hard drive too.

Any ideas how much its worth to a DIY 360 repairer?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
buy a new dvd drive from ebay for 20 quid and repair it yourself, piss easy to do mate.

ZED TEA
it isnt easy to change the hdd atall, takes hours you have flash both drives and you have to have a certian computer motherboad to do it, or a device which makes it possible, 2 much hasstle tbh, just ebay it :)

Polo + Micra
i had an early elite aswell that rrod but when i sent it to microsoft to get it fixed they fitted a new dvd drive at the same time

so i'd try and see if you can get it to rrod

alien green rs133
i had an early elite aswell that rrod but when i sent it to microsoft to get it fixed they fitted a new dvd drive at the same time

so i'd try and see if you can get it to rrod

ring microsoft and say it has. how they gonna prove you wrong?

Bumder With A Buffer
it isnt easy to change the hdd atall, takes hours you have flash both drives and you have to have a certian computer motherboad to do it, or a device which makes it possible, 2 much hasstle tbh, just ebay it :)

Who mentioned hard disk???
DVD drive talking about

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Buy new DVD drive, change the PCB boards over, put new DVD drive into Xbox, sorted.

Iceberg Ph1
Buy new DVD drive, change the PCB boards over, put new DVD drive into Xbox, sorted.

Exactly how I would do it, most common problem on the xbox drives is the guide rods sticking and wearing out and the laser packing in due to the rubbish shock absortion in the drive itself, easiest is to get the same drive and swap the PCB (circuit board) from your drive into the new one, this way you won't need to extract the drive key to get it to work.. Probably takes about 30mins to do, done it twice on my xbox now and I also flashed it, but thats a whole different story!