ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling car in parts rather a than a full car

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Guys,

Been doing a bit of thinking recently about getting rid of my clio, 02 172 - 78k no history and not really a minter!!... I will probably get about 2 - 2.5k for it!.. If I was to strip and flog it in parts Im sure I would get more.

Obviously it depends to the extent I strip it, but I rekon I could get nearly double what Id get for it as a car!

What do you guys think?

Cheers
Chris

i did this with my 5 GTT. it is more hassle and more time consuming but i made double what i wanted for the car.
if you've got the time and patience its worth it.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Not sure mate, I ruined a gearbox at about 60K and bought one with 16k on it for £400

gotta be worth £800 ish...

You wouldn't make more than 2500 from parts I'm affraid, you'll always be left with parts no-one wants.

Engine - 500 tops
Box - 300 tops
Interior - 300
Then you're not left with much

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
yeah really only going to make more money than the car is worth when breaking modified cars, is a pain to strip down and sell stuff individualy, loads of hassle and the money comes in in drips and drabs rather than a lump sum

SchwepTek™
Considering breaking mine too as theres around £2000 worth of mods. But dunno if i can be bothered.

ZX6R B1H
Just take the extra mods off and return it back to standard, sell those bits and then sell the car as a whole.

I used to always break my cars on my mums drive made s**t loads over the years but always put it back into other cars. TBH there is only a handful of cars which i have not broken, Schweppys clio was one of them :) So break it schweppy.... :D