ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

selling cars at the mo

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

is it me or is i a nightmare sein cars at the mo,why is the market so bad.........................maybe have summet to do with the holiday month?

[Edited by ben_p on 08 September 2005 at 1:09pm]

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

55 plate, new model, too many variations, cheap dealer deals, oversupply and demand etc etc.

people out pricing themselves is the only thing to blame.

Realistic priced cars are selling quicker then hot cakes.

GP2

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 08 September 2005

people out pricing themselves is the only thing to blame.

Realistic priced cars are selling quicker then hot cakes.
Very true. When Ive phoned round all the sensibly priced ones have gone!

What makes me laugh, is when people say, "Im in no rush to sell".

WTF, the longer they leave it the older the car gets, the less the car is worth.

As said if teh car is sensibly priced it will shift. Id have no problems buying a car that was £500 max over trade provided it was mint, Im just not into paying £1500-£3000 over trade like some in the "for sale" section massive at the moment.

Bottom line is, sensibly priced cars sell. Theres a siler 54 plate import int he fors sal section, the owner wants over what a UK car car is worth, when he admits being bid £8000 by a trader. WTF?

Quote: Originally posted by CarboliSmokeBal on 08 September 2005

What makes me laugh, is when people say, "Im in no rush to sell".

WTF, the longer they leave it the older the car gets, the less the car is worth.

As said if teh car is sensibly priced it will shift. Id have no problems buying a car that was £500 max over trade provided it was mint, Im just not into paying £1500-£3000 over trade like some in the "for sale" section massive at the moment.

Bottom line is, sensibly priced cars sell. Theres a siler 54 plate import int he fors sal section, the owner wants over what a UK car car is worth, when he admits being bid £8000 by a trader. WTF?

^^^^^^^^^Is what I have been saying for weeks

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

What would you expect to get for between 7-8k in todays market??????

Quote: Originally posted by g40steve on 08 September 2005

What would you expect to get for between 7-8k in todays market??????

mint low miler Mk2 172, import 182, dog of a 182

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

mine is realistic .........................lol, i have had loads of call n intrestests n deposits but no one come clean with the cash

Mazda MX5 1.8

Quote: Originally posted by Matt ATR on 08 September 2005

Current petrol prices arent helping "performance" cars to sell either!
this would be a strong factor in my decision to buy if i was lookin at the mo!

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 08 September 2005
<!-- ZoneLabs Popup Blocking Insertion -->Wait until the winter blues set-in... ...people will be buying a hell of a lot more!<SCRIPT language=javascript></SCRIPT>

Heh heh. Chritmas mean anything to you Omar?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

definite oversupply and new plates have killed the market.

BUT, if you have a well cared for minter and its priced sensibly then it will go.

some areas are cheaper for 172/182s than others as well.

New 182s can be picked up £11k so that has a huge impact on the 2nd half value

ST

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 08 September 2005

definite oversupply and new plates have killed the market.

BUT, if you have a well cared for minter and its priced sensibly then it will go.

some areas are cheaper for 172/182s than others as well.

New 182s can be picked up £11k so that has a huge impact on the 2nd half value

Chic get coilovers and yours will be a minter ;)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

hmm after seeing paul gs cup on coilovers am well tempted.

Fraid there nr 2 on the shopping list as road angel navigator is up next. V tempted for coilovers once i get my bonus (nov)

ST

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 08 September 2005

hmm after seeing paul gs cup on coilovers am well tempted.

Fraid there nr 2 on the shopping list as road angel navigator is up next. V tempted for coilovers once i get my bonus (nov)
Do it mate, you know it makes sense though the nav n RA make a lot of sense too with all driving you do, you go see ma man at Fosters yet?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

phoned up, nae in stock, plus need the external aerial due to windscreen AND the windscreens still buggered wi that crack on it. Cant afford car off road for the day to get it fixed.

will get it sorted next week i hope

RA defo coming up!!

just crossed 21k miles - what you on? Defo need a mini meet or something

Scooby STi, FiestaST

i was looking for a nice mk1 to strip down and track, but trying to find something for the realisitc price that doent have interior mods and bits that im basically going to remove is turning me off at the mo, any decent one ive seen has gone at a realistic price.

alot of the "for sale section" cars are very nice but theyve had a lot of stuff done that, for me, arent wanted

trying to find an almost standard "good runner" at a good price, aaarrrggghhh

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

yer thats wht im finding, for some people they just want the car 2 jump into without having to modify them selves< there the smarts lol, then there is a stong market for standard 1s but most are too pricey