ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling my car but Finance coming up.

I have just put my car up for sale and a potential garage has contacted me with interest. Gave the usual details but he has come back to me saying the car is coming up showing its under finance. This is news to me. I contacted the company he said it is under finance to and they say they have no issues with the car and it is not on their database anymore. All good it seems.

Does anyone know where i stand now and what i can do to have this so called finance tag removed? It seems a little strange and im pretty new to selling.

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
The 'finance tag' may stay on the HPI for a while, it's not that easy to just remove it off the report.

Best bet is to get the finance company to confirm to you/your buyer by letter or fax that they no longer have an interest in the car. The letter or fax should suffice for the garage buying your car from you. This is quite a normal occurance in the motor trade!

Right thanks.

They said they couldnt help me anymore at the time but im sure i could get them to send some kind of conformation to me.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Had one this morning, which was settled a year ago still showing!

If you contact the finance company they should email experien and HPI - supposed to be removed in 72 hours.

So you spoke to the finance company and they have no problems with the car. So instead of asking them how to remove it, you hung up and decided to ask ClioSport?

No the girl said i cant do anymore for you as you are not on our database. And she ended the conversation and hung up. Sorry to dissapoint you.

I have my answer now and will try calling them back later on.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
When I settled the finance on my old fiesta when the buyer HPI'd it it came up as clear, and that was all within a month

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Surley if it's showing on the HPI the garage could just call the finance company and get a settlement figure, which would show as zero.

Clio 200
you can get a satisfaction note from the finance company to show its settled to any buyers, meanwhile ask them to remove the tag.

its easy enough done