ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sensor Dirt, Lens Dirt, Hmmmm

been having a few wierd things happen with the camera, just wondering if any of you had any ideas? :)

this pic....looks like its covered in dirt....

IMG_0064.gif

even though the lens was clean....took another one

IMG_0104-1.gif

looks clean as a whisle? was about 5 minutes after the first....took about 50 pics, the dirt is visable on half of them :S

so i was thinking how can it be the sensor if its not on them all....and the lens was clean?

cheers if anyone has any ideas :approve:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
the dirt is only present on the photos taken at f20, the other one is f8 and not visible. Either get your sensor cleaned or use a larger aperture!

ok cheers, would you recommend taking it to a local camera place to get cleaned and not bother trying yourself?

As said deffo sensor dust, really shows up at f/20.
Depends how confident you are, need to do my old camera some time soon, got quoted £50-£60 by a local store, for that money I'll do it myself.

Edit: have you tried something like a Giotto Rocket blower? could get some of it off...

D

dick

it depends on your camera, well... CCD more precisely.

on my 40d i use rocket blower, eclipse e2, pec pads and a spatula. same for 400d and 450d.
350d however has a different sensor, ie. not tin oxide so dont use eclipse e2! maybe its the orginal eclipse, but not sure.
i dont really know too much about your camera but i do know that they are different.

https://www.micro-tools.com/store/SearchByCategory.aspx?CategoryCode=DCK

whilst its american it tells you what sort of stuff you can get....

dick, I know that I read of many problems with people doing this themselves when I was researching which camera I wanted to buy and that it was a major factor for me so I bought a camera where I wont get this problem

D

dick

oh right, as long as you use the right stuff i cant see how you can f**k it up.
skimping and buyting cheap s**t could cause probs tho i gues...
sensorswabs and eclipse are guaranteed to not scratch your sensor.

Black 172...KN53EL*
Well if it was me, I'd probably take it somewhere to get it done, although I guess it would depend on how often it needed doing....

Roughly how many lens changes have you done foxy? Seems to be quite bad to have all got on there in one go thats all

done quite alot of lens changes to be honest, i try and do it without letting the body point upwards try and hold it downwards if anything...duno if that would make a difference....

always changing between kit lens, 80-200 and 10-20

Rally bus
Very easy to clean it yourself, lock the shutter up, use Eclipse fluid and pec pads/spatula, 2 minute job. Or pay a service centre ~ £30 to do it for you.