ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv/Abs light

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Twice in the last week my Serv and Abs lights have stayed on after starting.If i turn off and start up again they go out :confused:

182 - 5500 miles

Anyone else had this or any ideas why ??

Cheers :)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the abs upon starting does a self test if alls ok then the light goes out. it must be finding a fault when first testing. maybe a high resistance in a wheel sensor causing a circuit fault. let a dealer check it with clip.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

There is a Technical note out about ABS/SERV coming on on 182s adjustment of the brake pedal/ new switch if the light still comes on after the adjustment.

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 05 June 2005

Twice in the last week my Serv and Abs lights have stayed on after starting.If i turn off and start up again they go out :confused:

182 - 5500 miles

where are you...i have clip and can do the test for you.

i am in devon.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by lemonnobby on 05 June 2005

There is a Technical note out about ABS/SERV coming on on 182s adjustment of the brake pedal/ new switch if the light still comes on after the adjustment.
there is but normally the light will go out and then will come on after driving and applying the brake

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 05 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 05 June 2005

182 - 5500 miles

where are you...i have clip and can do the test for you.

i am in devon.
where did you get a khan box from? renault only sell them with clips at 2k. or have you used something else. ive got a clip set up but have to keep bringing home works kahn box.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Thanks for the replies,sorry for not answering sooner but i1ve been in work all day :sick:

Clarkiev6 many thanks for the offer,im miles away from Devon but appreciate your offer.:)

I mentioned to my dealer last week about it staying on then not staying on after restarting and they told me they did a test and nothing showed up or was stored in the memory whatever that meant :confused:

So this is a known fault if i understood the replies properly ?

What do i need to tell my dealer bearing in mind they have allready ran a test ?

Obviously i tell them its happened again but its always better going back with knowledge and a request for them to act upon it.