ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv + airbag light help

RS172
Guys,

I've just replaced an OMP steering wheel with an original clio rs one.
Couple of questions, the horn wire seems to be completely different from the connector on the wheel, and also after fitting the airbag light is now on, when it wasn't before and the SERV light is also on.
could be a coincidence as it does need an oil change.

Any ideas?

2003 Clio 172 Cup
SERV light is nothing to do with needing an oil change. It's because the airbag light is on. Check all connection to the bag. If light stays on try a airbag code reader to find fault. Most likely open circuit.

RS172
Nice one thanks mate - I've scanned it and it brought up no codes so slightly annoying. I'll check all the connectors to the airbag but they looked fine and clipped in nicely.

2003 Clio 172 Cup
That's why you don't get any codes. Because they only read the engine ecu. You need to find someone with an airbag specific reader. A Snap On or Bosch or even an RS Tuner with Airbag Module.