ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv and airbag light!

172 Cup, Freelander
Sorry i know this probably comes up every week. I was just reading another thread about the serv light and found out that it comes on when theres a fault, not when it needs servicing. I have the airbag light on too so does this mean that its the pretensioner wires under the seats like in every other french car?

Sorry again :S

172 Cup, Freelander
Tried faffing about with the wires under both seats but not had any joy. Anything specific i should be doing?

1.6 Ford Focus
Just wiggle all the wires about, or as said above, press the connectors a bit.

I have the same problem but every time I fixed it, the problem came back a few weeks later... so I have just learnt to live with it... at least until I get around to totally changing the connectors.

It still passes a MOT even with the service and airbag light on as well.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Tried faffing about with the wires under both seats but not had any joy. Anything specific i should be doing?

Either press together or disconnect/reconnect with the ignition off then start the car and the lights should go out if not repeat. Can take a few attempts for it to work sometimes.

Ph2 Clio 172
Mine has started doing this everytime someone adjusts the passenger seat, including moving it to get in the back. Pushing the connectors together with the car off usually means they go off the next time I start it. Annoying though.

I have just got myself a W reg silver 172 with 62000 on the clock in excellenmt condition and it also has this fault.
If I faf around with all 3 connectors the light goes off next time i start the car then comes on again about 5 - 10 seconds later. This test was done stationary by the way and it happened about 3 or 4 times in a row.

Is there anything I can do about this ?

Regards
James

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
mines a W on 57k. mine does it too. i just live with it. disconnecting aand cleaning them helped but its come back. my x reg 172 on 105k never did it!