ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV and ESP Light

Bumder With A Buffer
Right not your normal one with this (I dont think anyway)

Had my ABS, ESP and SERV light on for a while so cleared it off today. pulled away and got to about 5 mile per hour and esp/serv light comes back on.

Turn car off and start it no lights..pull off again light comes back on. Hmmm. Did this a few times and then saw the esp light come on and felt the TC actually working on the drivers side.

Almost felt like the ABS/ESP was kicking in only on the front driver side. This be caused by the sensor? Anything I can check like spacing between the sensor and the front ABS ring??

I actually thought they were on due to a nt properly aligned steering angle sensor but checked this tonight too and things are okay there.

Da

Less
Probably an ABS ring as you say, happened on my mum's Clio.

Could be the sensor though, maybe try swapping them first?

Bumder With A Buffer
I am thinking ABS ring related (ior the sensor) that area.

Oddly it started just after they relaid the road/track down to my work with all that fine loose stone s**t. f*****s.

Isn't there certain distance the sensor has to be from the ring?? Similar to Spark plug gaping??

ABS ring easy to change? Seeing as you did your old dears??

Da

Less
Ring is easy enough yeah, I bought one for £11 and fitted it in two hours :)
Hardest job is getting the hub off the drive shaft, but once that's cracked it's simple really.

I don't think the sensors are 'adjustable' so to speak, they either work or they don't.

Da

Less
Yeah probably the easiest!
If I remember correctly it's just one Torx screw per sensor then they just prise out of their hole :)

Da

Less
Ah yeah I did, that sold months ago mate :)

As I said, they're only £11 each though.

Bumder With A Buffer
Right El bump time.

Can't see an issue with the ABS ring or the sensor. Should the ABS ring have grease on it or is that the sensor???

Drivers side one seems very dry compared to the passenger side ring?

Cleared fault off again today..drove forward and could feel it clamping on again (with the ESP light flashing) followed by the ESP and Serv light.

This then goes once you turn the car off and the process starts agin.

Any help???

Clio 172,Focus rs
Hello from Mexico.
I've had the same problem with my 172 and when it was diagnosed they told me that the steering wheel sensor was screwed and it cost the big bucks as you all might know therefore, I got home and proceded to remove the top and bottom covers of the wheel column(where you find the light and wiper controls) and found an optic type sensor on the front surface which is in contact with the back part of the wheel. Well, bottom line is that is was covered in dust y wiped it clean and have not had that annoying light again on my dash.
Saved a lot of money too!!
Regards​