ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV and seat belt light still on..

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
They are still on!

I've changed my front seats for buckets and removed the rear interior and seat belts.

I've stuck the 4 3.3 ohm resistors in the areas needed but the SERV and seat belt lights are still on!

I've even changed all the resistors today incase there was a loose connection anywhere - but still no luck they are all still on!

Anone got any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong or what I can try to clear them lights off the dash??

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Same since removing my rear belts, front seats are coming out in the next week or so as well though so not really to bothered as it isnt an MOT failure.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yeah on the one hand its ok as i know it will pass mot like it, but on the other its doing my head in with the lights still on dash.

Ph 1 172
you could do two things that will defintly sort it.......
1- get a fault code reader and sort it out that way
2- just take the dash off and paint the f**king bulb lol....paint it balack and even if it lights you wont be able to tell lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Fault reader wont stop them coming on though, as my RsTuner clears it but they just come straight back on.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
so if i get a code reader on it, and clear it that way it will go? will it return on next start up say?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Well mine return after ive cleared them, im sure the only machine that can get rid of them is the Renault Tech computer, Mike@Rentech has one as well I think if your near him?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Is it the air bag light thats on ?

Maybe you have a nackered pretensionair. This is whats happend in mine and you have to replace it.

If you plug it in, it will tell you whats causing the fault though wont it ?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
no the airbag one is not on. the resistors seem to have cured them ones so luckily they have stayed off and not come on once. the only ones that are on are SERV and seat belt light.

so even after they've been cleared they have come back then?? unfortunatly not close to rentech about 150 miles away :(

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
just had a thought...

if there was any sticky left on the ends of the resistors, would this cause an interference therefore leaving the lights to stay on?

does the 'connection' take place at the bottom of the resistor or around the 'leg' of the resistor at all?

any help much appreciated.

Megane R26
I fitted buckets to my 182 last month and got the lights on (rear seats are still in though), i also used a 3.3 ohm resistor i checked all my connections which were ok, in the end i swapped the resistors for 3.9 ohm and the lights went out :D

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I fitted buckets to my 182 last month and got the lights on (rear seats are still in though), i also used a 3.3 ohm resistor i checked all my connections which were ok, in the end i swapped the resistors for 3.9 ohm and the lights went out :D

did you use 3.9 ohm in all four connections?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
oh right ok, i wonder if that would make any difference using the higher resistance all round?

I had the same with my ickle 1.2...
turn the engine off..wiggle the wires under passenger seat (hear its sometimesdrivers seat too)
turn car engine on..lights off hopefully..if not try again.

it used to work for me.
and its a common fault.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yeah it's a common fault, but i've taken my pre tensioners out so i've disturbed the wires myself and am now left with the lights on the dash. as said in another thread active at the moment a trip to rentech may be the only solution to get it reconfigured on their clip system.

(i'll get that thread locked now!)