ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV light on and can't get rid? a problem?

'03 182 replica -for sale
when i bought the car a month ago, it had the engine diog light on and service light, diog light has gone now i got the new exhaust on with a cat but still got the 'SERV' light
wanna get rid of it so went to renault today and they said they'd wanna plug it in to see if its maybe an underlying problem cos he thought you just hold the button on the stick and it'd reset the light but that didnt do it?

didnt wanna pay £80 so went to my other garage and he said its not a service light its another diog light? so plugged it in and reset the only error code, was brake pad sensor but still have the light up

really need rid of it, please help me

Da

Less
Some codes are dealer only, this maybe one of them! So SERV is lit with nothing else?
Have you done the dashboard fault test?

Some codes are dealer only, this maybe one of them! So SERV is lit with nothing else?
Have you done the dashboard fault test?

yeah just the serv light on?

whats the dashboard fault test and how can i do it? :)

Da

Less
The SERV light might have to be reset at Renault if it's simply 'stored'.

As for the trick, press and hold your Trip computer button (at the end of the wiper stalk) and swich ignition on but don't start the car. It should then go into 'test mode' illuminating the displays and needled will doance! ;)

Scroll through the display pressing the trip button to a readout that should be ----- If it has a fault stored it should be listed instead of ----- it might read h---- or t---- etc.

*edit* yep that's the one! lol!

cheers mate, on that thread it says about hitting the reset button if there is faults reading up, what is the reset button? then stalk button thing coming out of the clocks?

didnt work :(
a guy from renault offered to try sort it outside of work, borrow the laptop and do it at his or something?

how hard is it to take bulbs out the dash?

Da

Less
They're LED's so require un-soldering from the PCB :)
Dash off and dismantle job!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Not being funny mate . But i wouldn't have bought it with the service light on . Was it from a garage or a private sale ? If it was from a garage take it back to the garage you bought it from .

Taking the bulb out isn't really solving any underlying problem , just hiding it .

They're LED's so require un-soldering from the PCB :)
Dash off and dismantle job!

how long a job for a first timer? lol

took dash outta my corsa c to change the leds to blue, that was quite easy to get to the clocks

BMW M135i
Needs to go on a CLiP to reset it. No other way, i'd be worrying now what is putting it on. Airbag fault/blown and someones took the airbag led out? Then again could be a million other things, needs to go on a renault CLiP computer to fully diagnose it.

Needs to go on a CLiP to reset it. No other way, i'd be worrying now what is putting it on. Airbag fault/blown and someones took the airbag led out? Then again could be a million other things, needs to go on a renault CLiP computer to fully diagnose it.

airbag light works, i've done the dash test thing

so they wont be able to switch it off, they will tell me what the problem is and sort it

BMW M135i

so they wont be able to switch it off, they will tell me what the problem is and sort it

No they'll be able to reset it if theres a fault. If they can't find one then theres a physical problem somewhere.

No they'll be able to reset it if theres a fault. If they can't find one then theres a physical problem somewhere.

oh right, i'm not looking to fix the fault lol, te car is sold but the buyer wants the light sorted before colelcting it so if i can get it switched off by renault i'll just have to do that

Lotus Elise 111R
Matty, should think you'll be glad to see the bac of this car won't you? Good you sold it, did you cover your expenses?

tidyclio, thanks for the PM, your inbox is full so i cant reply but as its a 1.2 clio dymanique really, does that have the automatic lights and wipers?
i think the automatic wipers have been turned off or maybe not working? cos when i bought the car the guy said he'd turned them off because the sunstrip was covering the sensor
i have taken the sunstrip off now so should turn them back on?

would the auto wipers being turned off bring the serv light up?